Meeting Summary: Nov 8, 2018
HUB North Shore Committee Meeting Nov 8, 2018, 6:30pm - 8:30pm at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
- Attendees: Don, Peter T, Erika, Martyn, (Kevin Mclaren Hammerberg Lawyers.personal injury lawyer), Antje, Heather, Nick Hardy (QuadReal Property Group), Joanne, Lora Waugh, Julian Rengifo, Paul, Jay, Fiona.
- 2019 Organization - Election Results
- Chair - Don Piercy
- Vice-Chair - Jay Jardine
- WV Liaisons - Paul Stott
- DNV Liaisons - Antje, Jay, Fred, Giacomo
- CNV Liaisons - Heather, Julian, Erika
- ITC - City's Integrated Transport Committee - Fiona has been attending, does anyone want to vollenteer for this 4 year role?
- MOTI Liaisons - Giacomo, Antje, Jay
- Translink Liaisons - Fred, Antje
- RAC Liaison - Jay Jardine
- Events Co-ordinator - Laura, Fred
- Communications - Heather, Don
- Bike to Work Week - Tuesday Oct 30 4-6pm, 2nd Narrows with Obsession: Bikes
- Went well, thanks to Dianne for organizing it & all who helped out.Counts
- Should we run our spring B2WW past 6pm? General agreement, Don to talk to Tom @ HQ
- Forum on the Seniors Transit Campaign 55-plus-get-there-by-bus Wednesday, Nov 14 from 12:30-3:30 pm at the West Van Seniors Activity Centre. - Paul & Don man a booth.
- Fall All Committee Workshop (Nov 29th) - Jay will attend. Erika & Martyn will consider.
- December Meeting - Agreed we will have short 1hr meeting then adjourn for a social gathering of the committee.
HUB North Shore Goals - Don
- Involvement in updating the N Van Bike Masterplan - Bikeways - Don
- will discuss with CNV & DNV possible joint meeting in Jan.
- Regular meetings with CNV - CNV Liaisons to prepare draft agenda & request meeting.
- Regular meetings with DNV - meeting on Nov 15:
- updating the HUB UnGapTheMap list for the North Shore - North_SHore_Gap_Priority_List
- Thanks to the team who updated it: WV: Paul, CNV: Erika, DNV: Jay
- New Councils:
- Letter to New Councillors - letter template_letter - introduce ourselves, mention we plan to present to council in New year & let them know we would like a mtg with them in new year.
- presentation to new councils (need to book now for Jan/Feb) -
- Meeting with each Councillor Jan/Feb - Liaisons to prepare draft agenda - Feb/Mar?
- gaps ride - short with examples of good & bad infrastructure - arrange loaner e-bikes - Apr/May?
- INSTEPP - discussed contacting Bowinn Ma re next steps, possible involvement.
City of North Vancouver - Heather
- Grand Blvd/19th Intersection - on list for meeting
District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay
- have prepared agenda for Nov 15th meeting
- Construction signage in bike lanes - on list for meeting
District of West Vancouver - Paul
- Update on sidewalk widening on the Welch Street bridge over the Capilano River
- 17 October meeting with District transportation staff
Translink / MOTI - Antje/Giacomo
- HUB HQ meeting with Translink (letter - BikeToTransit campaign)
- Phibbs Exchange
- Seabus - Loading & Secure bike parking at Lonsdale Quay
- Phibbs Exchange Design