Meeting Summary: January 3, 2013

From committees
Revision as of 21:42, 11 January 2013 by imported>Antje Wahl
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendance & Agenda

  • Attendance: Antje, Peter, Bill, Nelson, Fiona, Mojdeh, Joanne, Heather, Mark, Lisa Slakov and Donna Chen (HUB Bike Friendly Business) and Mauree Matsusaka (HUB Communications)

Education & Outreach

  • Communications & outreach (Mauree)
    • focus on increasing engagement with members
    • building relationships & connecting committees
    • updating and restructure website, and standardizing committees' wikis
    • rebranding & redeveloping Bike to Work Week website
    • engaging politicians
    • business cards are under preparation - get template from HUB office?
    • we propose to concentrate on community events with prizes (from businesses)
      • advise HUB office when we are planning a community event
      • get Translink bike rack model, walking bike (Bill) for events
    • Heather, Antje: Pedal Pushers articles in NS News, not by HUB (last was published 21 December)
  • HUB Bike Friendly Business program (Donna, Lisa)
    • call-out to NS group to connect Donna and Lisa with businesses and contacts who could use services within the BFB program on the NS, or would be interested in becoming a Bike Friendly Business
    • BFB program components:
    1. workplace workshops
    2. bikeability assessments: $350 for workplace, $550 for building or $800 for overall business operations
    3. bike friendly business memberships - get testimonials
    4. bike friendly recognition awards to be developed
    • planning for bike friendly accreditation
    • Marketing to Cyclists Guide on HUB website - rename document
    • Nelson will check on Melbourne experience with businesses
    • bike friendly business district - Long Beach, California
    • Spirit Trail marketing a possibility - NS Tourism
    • need to get some money to get started with Donna - Ambleside, City of North Van/Lower Lonsdale are possibilities
    • work with BCAA
    • Districts of West Van and North Van, West Van community centre and Chamber of Commerce for workplace workshops
      • Peter and Antje to give Donna contacts
  • WinterBike event 7 Feb 19:00 - 01:00
    • Fiona to send out note
  • HUB delegation at DNV council meeting on 18 Feb (Antje)
    • Antje to prepare presentation and circulate
  • TravelSmart school and Exploring Ambleside maps (Helen, Fiona, Heather, Antje, Peter)
    • Peter noted that on the Exploring Ambleside TravelSmart map, the bike route on 21st Street between Bellevue and Marine Drive is missing
    • Helen, Fiona, Heather and Antje to meet another time to finalize the school maps for TravelSmart


  • DNV Town and Village Centre implementation plans (Antje)
    • Lynn Valley under way, also Lower Lynn and Lower Capilano
    • need to ensure that cycling infrastructure for all ages and abilities is included
  • Ambleside Streetscape plan (Heather, Peter)
    • Peter showed a map with a separated bike lane encircling the 1300 block and he proposed in his submission to the District to include this configuration along with the STP
    • proposal for bike lanes on both sides of Marine Drive as two possibilities for improved cycling infrastructure on Marine Drive.
    • Heather drafted HUB input letter
  • West Van bike route signage (Peter)
    • It has been noted that bike route signage has been placed along the Bellevue Avenue bike route with only bike route symbols and no bike route names as seems to be standard in other municipalities including North Vancouver.