HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
- Agenda additions
- 3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Coordinator
- How do we measure progress on these goals?
- Is there a way to link HUB goals and Community Energy and Emissions Planning (CEEP) goals?
- RAC meeting - Ryan
- BC Budget 2020 Consultation open for comments until June 28.
- TransLink Regional Transportation Strategy (Transport 2050) collecting input until September for plan to be completed late 2020.
- Elephants feet legal standing and vs Green paint.
- Draft Whitepaper on economic impacts of installing bike lanes.
- All Committee Meeting - Thurs July 27, 18:30-20:30, in Surrey - who else is interested in attending?
- Review of HUB State of Cycling maps for the North Shore.
Events - Fred
- Bike to Work Week - May 27-Jun2 2019
- Tue May-28: NE end of 2nd Narrows - 16:00-18:30
- Thur May-30: 19th & Grand Blvd - 16:00-18:00
- Blueridge Good Neighbour Day - June 2, 11:00-15:00
- Bike to Shop Day June 1 East Van to Lonsdale
- Canada Day at Waterfront park - July 1,
- They will have bike valet!! yeah Tony!
- Need 4 volunteers
- Others? - Caribbean Days, Salmon Festival, ???
City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather
- Esplanade - Seabus drop-off and short & long term improvements
- Meeting with CNV bylaw officer
- Send a Thank You note?
- Casano – Loutet Overpass - funding
- Marine Dr Mosquito Creek Bridge
- Monthly meetings with staff (but have not heard back)
- Meetings with Councillors to present our goals
- Feedback and recommended next steps
- 20 in 20 list
District of North Vancouver - Jay/Giacomo/Antje
- 29th Street protected bike lanes preliminary design review (Tempe Cres to Lynn Valley Rd)
- Ride to council
- Riverside Drive delineators - concerns relayed to various levels of staff
- 1st / Mackay construction detours and signage corrective action request
- Next meeting - TBD - challenges in getting face to face meetings with staff
- Present to council - as delegation
- Possible Spirit Trail route east of Seymour with NSMBA
- Lower Mountain and E Keith crossing conflicts with left and right turn vehicles
District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter S
- Spirit Trail & Welch St proposed changes- draft HUB letter: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:2019-06-13_LDWVSpirit_Trail_V5_HUB_190613.pdf
- 12 June meeting between Squamish Nation and Park Royal re widened sidewalk on Welch Street Bridge over the Capilano River.
- Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - Phase 1 - Visioning meetings
- Bike racks for Ambleside and Dundarave - Design Contest results. - Peter S was one of the judges.
- Bike BC funding for a protected bike lane on Marine Drive eastward from the Lions Gate Bridge.
BC Ferries - Peter S
- Joint meeting at Tsawwassen Terminal Boardroom on 24 May with BCF planners, Victoria and BEST reps, HUB HQ (Andrew), BCCC (Peter Stary), HUB NS (Peter Scholefield)
- HUB input on 6 June to draft Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ds3_0l5Lax7gHzsKxTV8_THTHzVrMDkkLjKrdlsQTK8/edit
- Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan -
- Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - Round table Invitation
- e-Bikes on Buses - Update on HUB HQ discussions with TransLink
- Bike parking at Exchanges:
- letter to Translink re Lonsdale Quay - no response.
- Also want space for future at Phibbs (and for bike share)
MOTI - Antje/Giacomo
- Meeting with Jay Porter
- Mountain Highway / Brooksbank temporary configuration - corrective action request sent to MoTI regarding narrow bike lane and lack of protection on Keith Road
- Phase 3 (north end of IWMB) design - scope reduced but still some cycling improvements coming
- plans for any other North Shore interchanges - Jay P will provide planning contact for North Shore study
- Exit 0 shoulder from BCF terminal to Spirit Trail - will follow up to determine jurisdiction
- Concerns with bumps, hazards and unsafe overtaking on LGB - Jay P will provide operations contact