TriCities HUB Committee Meeting Minutes (provisional)
Date/Time: April 5, 2016, 7:00-8:50PM.
Location: Coquitlam Public Library, 1169 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam
Attendees: Barbara D., Jack T., George S., Fiona W., Leon L., Meredith S., Andrew H., Sean R., David D., Simon W.
1. Upcoming meeting with Moti/Coquitlam. Primary agenda item to be discussion of United Blvd. Issue of PMH1 deficiencies has largely been addressed. Also need to bring up issue of problems with Maryhill Bypass over Coquitlam river bridge. Extremely narrow lanes.
2. Discussion regarding Port Moody transportation plan for cycling. Still have not seen latest version to be sent to council later in April. Committee position: strongly support proposed east-west routes including Clake street HOV removal and separated bike lane on St. Johns. Urge that one of these be implemented ASAP. In absence of detailed plan committee cannot make a detailed overall recommendation.
3. United Blvd. Discussion about drafting letter for owners regarding access to right of way north of United for a multiuse path. We now have list of owner addresses. Committee identified several advantages to owners of agreeing to such access
4. Gap list: action. Committee members markup existing TravelSmart TriCities map for discussion at May 3 meeting. Identify remaining local gaps in cycling network (separate from higher level regional gaps.)
5. Tee shirts were discussed.
6. AOB: Fiona requested assistance with Canada Bike Day (May 30).Sean R. agreed to help.
Next meeting, May 3, 2016
Minutes recorded by Simon Watkins