Meeting Summary; July 5, 2012

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
'Attendance'''
 
'Attendance'''
* Peter, Fiona, Antje, Dianne, Rick Amantea, Craig Cameron, Ron Adams, Heather, John Garrat, Mark and Dorta Ergetowski  
+
* Peter, Fiona, Antje, Dianne, Rick Amantea, Craig Cameron (West Van Councillor), Ron Adams, Heather, John Garrat, Mark and Dorta Ergetowski  
  
 
'''Agenda Items'''
 
'''Agenda Items'''
 
     - Due to a lengthy discussion on two infrastructure items, it was not possible to address all of the items on the agenda so some will be referred to the next meeting which will not occur until
 
     - Due to a lengthy discussion on two infrastructure items, it was not possible to address all of the items on the agenda so some will be referred to the next meeting which will not occur until
       6 September as it was decided to cancel the 1 August monthly meeting as too many of the regular participants will be absent.
+
       6 September as it was decided to cancel the 1 August monthly meeting because too many of the regular participants will be absent.
  
 
'''Infrastructure'''
 
'''Infrastructure'''
 +
* Sea-to-Sky cycling safety report meeting (Fiona)
 +
    - Fiona attended the afternoon meeting held in this room yesterday afternoon (4 July) in which the SFU team presented the final results of their study of biclye afety issues on the Sea-to Sky highway
 +
      from Horsehoe Bay to Whistler. She brought a digital copy of the report which was displayed she led us through it. The rport is too large a file to put on our wki site so it was suggested tthat we put a link to the report which is app
 
* Planned cycling infrastructure improvements at Park Royal (Rick Amantea)
 
* Planned cycling infrastructure improvements at Park Royal (Rick Amantea)
 
     - bridge at least two years away - current car bridge is owned by park royal - group ride set for 0900 on Wednesday under the the bridge on 11 july - Mark will bring a bike for rick whom we will meet at 1000
 
     - bridge at least two years away - current car bridge is owned by park royal - group ride set for 0900 on Wednesday under the the bridge on 11 july - Mark will bring a bike for rick whom we will meet at 1000
Line 16: Line 19:
 
     - Councillor Nora Gambioli, who attended a couple of our technical committee meetings, very astutely commented that waiting for funding ($40,000) to be included in the 2013 budget before any work
 
     - Councillor Nora Gambioli, who attended a couple of our technical committee meetings, very astutely commented that waiting for funding ($40,000) to be included in the 2013 budget before any work
 
       is done is awfully slow. Raymond Fung, Director of Engineering and Transportation, said they would look for opportunities to get some of the Phase 1 work done under this current year's budget.
 
       is done is awfully slow. Raymond Fung, Director of Engineering and Transportation, said they would look for opportunities to get some of the Phase 1 work done under this current year's budget.
* Sea-to-Sky cycling safety report meeting (Fiona)
+
 
  
 
'''Other Business'''
 
'''Other Business'''

Revision as of 07:29, 6 July 2012

'Attendance

  • Peter, Fiona, Antje, Dianne, Rick Amantea, Craig Cameron (West Van Councillor), Ron Adams, Heather, John Garrat, Mark and Dorta Ergetowski

Agenda Items

    - Due to a lengthy discussion on two infrastructure items, it was not possible to address all of the items on the agenda so some will be referred to the next meeting which will not occur until
      6 September as it was decided to cancel the 1 August monthly meeting because too many of the regular participants will be absent.

Infrastructure

  • Sea-to-Sky cycling safety report meeting (Fiona)
    - Fiona attended the afternoon meeting held in this room yesterday afternoon (4 July) in which the SFU team presented the final results of their study of biclye afety issues on the Sea-to Sky highway
      from Horsehoe Bay to Whistler. She brought a digital copy of the report which was displayed she led us through it. The rport is too large a file to put on our wki site so it was suggested tthat we put a link to the report which is app 
  • Planned cycling infrastructure improvements at Park Royal (Rick Amantea)
   - bridge at least two years away - current car bridge is owned by park royal - group ride set for 0900 on Wednesday under the the bridge on 11 july - Mark will bring a bike for rick whom we will meet at 1000
  • Low Level Road update (Heather)
  • East Keith Road update (Antje)- will draft a letter from HUB to DNV
  • Lower Lynn Town Centre cycling facilities - Antje at an open house
  • West Van Cycling Network Implementation Plan - June 2012 (Peter)
    - Donna Howes presented it to West Van council meeting on 25 June and it was accepted.
    - Councillor Nora Gambioli, who attended a couple of our technical committee meetings, very astutely commented that waiting for funding ($40,000) to be included in the 2013 budget before any work
      is done is awfully slow. Raymond Fung, Director of Engineering and Transportation, said they would look for opportunities to get some of the Phase 1 work done under this current year's budget.


Other Business

Personal tools