Meeting Summary: September 9, 2016
- Attendance: Fred, Peter, Tony (chair), Rob C, Fiona, Anjte, Dianne
- Review of past and planning for upcoming events
- Movies in the plaza on 19 August - people didn't show until 8 pm after we had been there for 3 hrs.
- FraserFest - only 3 people joined the group ride which Fiona led to Ambleside and back to Fisherman's wharf.
- Coho Festival at Ambleside Park in West Van on 11 September - Dianne will bring tent and supplies - Peter and Fiona will join Dianne as volunteers.
- North Shore Art Crawl Rides - Antje made contact with the organizer and likes idea of guided bike rides to art galleries next March.
- BTWW October/November 2016 - We should set up a station at the north end of the IWMB as we did last spring but perhaps change the location slightly to make it safer.
- CNV Update
- Spirit Trail tunnel- plans are underway but no sign of construction yet and not certain whether there will be a tunnel or overpass at the Marina.
- East Keith and Grand Boulevard - paved on east side 1.5 m wide for one way bicycle travel only - no intersection crossing yet but hope they will be straight and painted green.
- Delegation to Council on AAA bike lanes - planned for October 3 - Tony won't be available but will check with Heather to ask her to make the presentation.
- 23rd St recently paved but no bike lanes going east from Westview.
- multi-purpose path planned for on Bewicke - section between 2nd St and Marine Drive could potentially be for cylists and pedestrians only.e
- DNV Update
- Another discussion about two-way travel on east side of IWMB as cyclists still want to ride south on the east side but MoTI won't allow it because it is not wide enough for safe two-way travel.
- An underpass is needed on the north end to connect to the bike route on Barrow St. and one is being studied for the south end of the bridge
- We should write a HUB letter requesting an underpass at the north end of the bridge.
- DNV Public Library bike racks- Tony found out that they are not interested at this time.
- Lynn Valley Road bike lanes - construction to start October - Dragana said MoTI section under west side of the Hwy1 underpass is being designed – a multi-use is planned under the east side of the underpass.
- Highland Blvd repaving - can be done now that the watermain is finished – we sent a letter and they plan consultation but no paving until 2017.
- prospect Road to Edgemont Blvd on Capilanoto be marked as an uphill bike lane.
- M.Bond motion for a protected/connected DNV bike network. The public agenda will be available on the Thursday before the motion which is scheduled to come before Council soon.
- Funding to print more North Shore bike maps - We suggest approaching Park Royal and BlueShore Financial for possible funding
Antje to talk to jay porter about interchanges
-not interested in public library lynn valley going ahead –
higland Blvd paving matthew Bond hwill make a motion that all future bike lanes in DNV should be separated on the 12t we whould get out some peole f to suport him
Blueshore funding for bike map
- DWV Update
- Update on 25 July council meeting which will discuss the Horseshoe Bay Streetscape Plan which could impact the proposed route on Royal Avenue
- 15 Street – Mathers Avenue to Queens Avenue;
- 21 Street – Queens Avenue to Westhill Drive - request to MoTI?
- Skilift Road – Westhill Drive to Folkestone Way.
- Wardance Bridge
- Marine Drive 25th-31st where cyclist was killed
- 1000 block Keith Road incomplete
- MOTI Update (Antje)
- Lower Lynn Interchanges - our priorities for Lillooet and Dollarton Interchanges
- HUB AGM September 17, 2016
- Committee update topics
- Free Advocacy for non-profits workshop run by Erin O'Mellin Monday 12th September as part of Pro Walk, Pro Bike, Pro Place
- Bike the Night Friday, September 16th - seeking Volunteers
- Vision0 30km/hr
Notes 9 September
movies on the plaza on the 19th people didnt show until 8 pm after 3 hrs
Fraser fest- only 3 people Fional led a 25 km ride rained near the end to ambleside and back to Fisherman's wharf
BTWW 24-29 October lets get north end of IWMB
NS art crawl – Antje made contact and likes idea of guided bike rides to art galleries next March
CNV update Grand boulevard paved on east side 1.5 m wide for one way travel discussiona about two travel on east side of IWMB underpass needed on the north end to connect bike route on Barrow St.– we should write a HUB letter overpass studies for south end Antje to talk to jay porter about interchanges Delegation Tony will be abset so will talk to heather 23rd st paved but no bike lnes east from Westview DNV -not interested in public library lynn valley going ahead – Dragana said Moti section being under west side of underpassdesigned – multiuse panned but notheing on the east side -is a plan for it but won't be done now should follow-up again with DNV on a workshop higland Blvd paving on that watermain finished – we setn a letter and they plan consultation but no paving until 2017 matthew Bond hwill make a motion that all future bike lanes in DNV should be separated on the 12t we whould get out some peole f to suport him
Blueshore funding for bike map
17th HUB AGM will be a rdie at 1030 am update- Lyn Creek Town centre Lions Gat village Maplewod town centres KlLyn Valley town centre Edgemeont Spirit Trail
bike night tony will be there on Arbutus corridor vision 0 30 km/hr endorse by CNV for all residental roads CNV motion endorsed it and staf is supposed to report back to Council