Meeting Summary: September 9, 2016

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 6: Line 6:
 
**North Shore Art Crawl Rides - Antje made contact with the organizer and likes idea of guided bike rides to art galleries next March.
 
**North Shore Art Crawl Rides - Antje made contact with the organizer and likes idea of guided bike rides to art galleries next March.
 
**BTWW October/November 2016 - We should set up a station at the north end of the IWMB as we did last spring but perhaps change the location slightly to make it safer.
 
**BTWW October/November 2016 - We should set up a station at the north end of the IWMB as we did last spring but perhaps change the location slightly to make it safer.
 
 
Municipalities
 
Municipalities
 
*CNV Update  
 
*CNV Update  
Line 12: Line 11:
 
**East Keith and Grand Boulevard - paved on east side 1.5 m wide for one way bicycle travel only - no intersection crossing yet but hope they will be straight and painted green.
 
**East Keith and Grand Boulevard - paved on east side 1.5 m wide for one way bicycle travel only - no intersection crossing yet but hope they will be straight and painted green.
 
**Delegation to Council on AAA bike lanes - planned for October 3 - Tony won't be available but will check with Heather to ask her to make the presentation.
 
**Delegation to Council on AAA bike lanes - planned for October 3 - Tony won't be available but will check with Heather to ask her to make the presentation.
** 23rd St recently paved but no bike lanes going east from Westview.
+
** 23rd St recently paved but no bike lanes going east from Westview.
** multi-purpose path planned for on Bewicke - section between 2nd St and Marine Drive could potentially be for cylists and pedestrians only.e
+
** multi-purpose path planned for Bewicke - section between 2nd St and Marine Drive could potentially be for cylists and pedestrians only.  
 
*DNV Update  
 
*DNV Update  
 
** Another discussion about two-way travel on east side of IWMB as cyclists still want to ride south on the east side but MoTI won't allow it because it is not wide enough for safe two-way travel.  
 
** Another discussion about two-way travel on east side of IWMB as cyclists still want to ride south on the east side but MoTI won't allow it because it is not wide enough for safe two-way travel.  
Line 20: Line 19:
 
**DNV Public Library bike racks- Tony found out that they are not interested at this time.
 
**DNV Public Library bike racks- Tony found out that they are not interested at this time.
 
**Lynn Valley Road bike lanes - construction to start October - Dragana said  MoTI section under west side of the Hwy1 underpass is being designed – a multi-use is planned under the east side of the underpass.  
 
**Lynn Valley Road bike lanes - construction to start October - Dragana said  MoTI section under west side of the Hwy1 underpass is being designed – a multi-use is planned under the east side of the underpass.  
 
 
**Highland Blvd repaving - can be done now that the watermain is finished – we sent a letter and they plan consultation but no paving until 2017.
 
**Highland Blvd repaving - can be done now that the watermain is finished – we sent a letter and they plan consultation but no paving until 2017.
** prospect Road to Edgemont Blvd on Capilanoto be marked as an uphill bike lane.
+
** Prospect Road to Edgemont Blvd on Capilano Rd to be marked as an uphill bike lane.
 
**M.Bond motion for a protected/connected DNV bike network. The public agenda will be available on the Thursday before the motion which is scheduled to come before Council soon.
 
**M.Bond motion for a protected/connected DNV bike network. The public agenda will be available on the Thursday before the motion which is scheduled to come before Council soon.
*Funding to print more North Shore bike maps - We suggest approaching Park Royal and BlueShore Financial for possible funding  
+
*Funding to print more North Shore bike maps - we suggest approaching Park Royal and BlueShore Financial for possible funding  
 
*DWV Update
 
*DWV Update
 
** Haven't heard recently from Heather Johnston re plans for Horseshoe Bay Streetscape Plan which could impact the proposed Spirit Trail route on Royal Avenue.
 
** Haven't heard recently from Heather Johnston re plans for Horseshoe Bay Streetscape Plan which could impact the proposed Spirit Trail route on Royal Avenue.
** 15 Street – Mathers Avenue to Queens Avenue - Response from the District said a separated bike lane is bieng planned;
+
** 15 Street – Mathers Avenue to Queens Avenue - response from the District said a separated bike lane is bieng planned.
** 21 Street – Queens Avenue to Westhill Drive - under the jurisdiction of MoTI so Distict would have to request permission.  
+
** 21 Street – Queens Avenue to Westhill Drive - under the jurisdiction of MoTI so District would have to request permission.  
 
**Skilift Road – Westhill Drive to Folkestone Way - consideration will be given to including bike lanes with repaving.
 
**Skilift Road – Westhill Drive to Folkestone Way - consideration will be given to including bike lanes with repaving.
** Wardance Bridge - in response to safety concerns of Jackie, Peter has being in contact with Park Royal who are considering our suggestion for green boxes with a bike stencils in the middle of lanes.  
+
** Wardance Bridge - in response to safety concerns of Jackie Smith, Peter has being in contact with Park Royal who are considering our suggestion for green boxes with a bike stencils in the middle of lanes.  
** Marine Drive 25th-31st where cyclist was killed is an opportunity to remind Council of a phase 3 implementation plan project between 15th and 31st Streets.  
+
** Marine Drive 25th-31 Streets is where cyclist was killed (at 29th) is an opportunity to remind Council of a phase 3 implementation plan project on this stretch.  
** 1000 block Keith Road - gree paint in north side bike lane starting at 11th Street but not at all places where ther is a parking pad conflict.
+
** 1100 block Keith Road - green paint in north side bike lane starting at 11th Street but not at all places where there is a parking pad conflict.
 
*MOTI Update (Antje)
 
*MOTI Update (Antje)
 
** Lower Lynn Interchanges - our priorities for Lillooet and Dollarton Interchanges.
 
** Lower Lynn Interchanges - our priorities for Lillooet and Dollarton Interchanges.
 
** Antje to talk to Jay Porter at MoTI about plans for Hwy 1 interchanges.
 
** Antje to talk to Jay Porter at MoTI about plans for Hwy 1 interchanges.
**HUB AGM September 17, 2016 - will be a bike ride to new westminster - Tony can't go but will prepare a report which Fiona will present at the meeting - Peter can't be ther to accept a volunteer award.
+
**HUB AGM September 17, 2016 - will be a group bike ride to New Westminster - Tony can't go but will prepare a report which Fiona will present at the meeting - Peter can't be there to accept a volunteer award.
 
*Committee update topics
 
*Committee update topics
**Free Advocacy for non-profits workshop run by Erin O'Mellin Monday 12th September as part of Pro Walk, Pro Bike, Pro Place
+
**Free Advocacy for non-profits workshop run by Erin O'Mellin Monday 12th September as part of Pro Walk, Pro Bike, Pro Place.
 
**Bike the Night Friday, September 16th - Tony will be there on the Arbutus corridor.
 
**Bike the Night Friday, September 16th - Tony will be there on the Arbutus corridor.
 
** Vision 0 (30 km/hr speed limit on residential streets) endorsed by CNV and staff are supposed to report back to Council.
 
** Vision 0 (30 km/hr speed limit on residential streets) endorsed by CNV and staff are supposed to report back to Council.
 
** It would be good to get updates on plans for  the Spirit Trail through the Marina and for town centres: Lynn Creek; Lions Gate Village; Maplewood; Lynn Valley and Edgmont Village.
 
** It would be good to get updates on plans for  the Spirit Trail through the Marina and for town centres: Lynn Creek; Lions Gate Village; Maplewood; Lynn Valley and Edgmont Village.
 
** Tony will be away for the next two meeting - Peter will chair on 13 October
 
** Tony will be away for the next two meeting - Peter will chair on 13 October

Revision as of 07:37, 12 September 2016

  • Attendance: Fred, Peter, Tony (chair), Rob C, Fiona, Anjte, Dianne
  • Review of past and planning for upcoming events
    • Movies in the plaza on 19 August - people didn't show until 8 pm after we had been there for 3 hrs.
    • FraserFest - only 3 people joined the group ride which Fiona led to Ambleside and back to Fisherman's wharf.
    • Coho Festival at Ambleside Park in West Van on 11 September - Dianne will bring tent and supplies - Peter and Fiona will join Dianne as volunteers.
    • North Shore Art Crawl Rides - Antje made contact with the organizer and likes idea of guided bike rides to art galleries next March.
    • BTWW October/November 2016 - We should set up a station at the north end of the IWMB as we did last spring but perhaps change the location slightly to make it safer.

Municipalities

  • CNV Update
    • Spirit Trail tunnel- plans are underway but no sign of construction yet and not certain whether there will be a tunnel or overpass at the Marina.
    • East Keith and Grand Boulevard - paved on east side 1.5 m wide for one way bicycle travel only - no intersection crossing yet but hope they will be straight and painted green.
    • Delegation to Council on AAA bike lanes - planned for October 3 - Tony won't be available but will check with Heather to ask her to make the presentation.
    • 23rd St recently paved but no bike lanes going east from Westview.
    • multi-purpose path planned for Bewicke - section between 2nd St and Marine Drive could potentially be for cylists and pedestrians only.
  • DNV Update
    • Another discussion about two-way travel on east side of IWMB as cyclists still want to ride south on the east side but MoTI won't allow it because it is not wide enough for safe two-way travel.
    • An underpass is needed on the north end to connect to the bike route on Barrow St. and one is being studied for the south end of the bridge
    • We should write a HUB letter requesting an underpass at the north end of the bridge.
    • DNV Public Library bike racks- Tony found out that they are not interested at this time.
    • Lynn Valley Road bike lanes - construction to start October - Dragana said MoTI section under west side of the Hwy1 underpass is being designed – a multi-use is planned under the east side of the underpass.
    • Highland Blvd repaving - can be done now that the watermain is finished – we sent a letter and they plan consultation but no paving until 2017.
    • Prospect Road to Edgemont Blvd on Capilano Rd to be marked as an uphill bike lane.
    • M.Bond motion for a protected/connected DNV bike network. The public agenda will be available on the Thursday before the motion which is scheduled to come before Council soon.
  • Funding to print more North Shore bike maps - we suggest approaching Park Royal and BlueShore Financial for possible funding
  • DWV Update
    • Haven't heard recently from Heather Johnston re plans for Horseshoe Bay Streetscape Plan which could impact the proposed Spirit Trail route on Royal Avenue.
    • 15 Street – Mathers Avenue to Queens Avenue - response from the District said a separated bike lane is bieng planned.
    • 21 Street – Queens Avenue to Westhill Drive - under the jurisdiction of MoTI so District would have to request permission.
    • Skilift Road – Westhill Drive to Folkestone Way - consideration will be given to including bike lanes with repaving.
    • Wardance Bridge - in response to safety concerns of Jackie Smith, Peter has being in contact with Park Royal who are considering our suggestion for green boxes with a bike stencils in the middle of lanes.
    • Marine Drive 25th-31 Streets is where cyclist was killed (at 29th) is an opportunity to remind Council of a phase 3 implementation plan project on this stretch.
    • 1100 block Keith Road - green paint in north side bike lane starting at 11th Street but not at all places where there is a parking pad conflict.
  • MOTI Update (Antje)
    • Lower Lynn Interchanges - our priorities for Lillooet and Dollarton Interchanges.
    • Antje to talk to Jay Porter at MoTI about plans for Hwy 1 interchanges.
    • HUB AGM September 17, 2016 - will be a group bike ride to New Westminster - Tony can't go but will prepare a report which Fiona will present at the meeting - Peter can't be there to accept a volunteer award.
  • Committee update topics
    • Free Advocacy for non-profits workshop run by Erin O'Mellin Monday 12th September as part of Pro Walk, Pro Bike, Pro Place.
    • Bike the Night Friday, September 16th - Tony will be there on the Arbutus corridor.
    • Vision 0 (30 km/hr speed limit on residential streets) endorsed by CNV and staff are supposed to report back to Council.
    • It would be good to get updates on plans for the Spirit Trail through the Marina and for town centres: Lynn Creek; Lions Gate Village; Maplewood; Lynn Valley and Edgmont Village.
    • Tony will be away for the next two meeting - Peter will chair on 13 October
Personal tools