Meeting Summary: September 9, 2016
From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
(Created page with "*Attendance: Peter *Minutes Review *Events Planning *Review of past and planning for upcoming events **Coho Festival in West van on 11 September **Movies in the plaza **Fras...")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 17:47, 8 September 2016
- Attendance: Peter, Tony, Rob C, Don P , Fred, Fiona, Anjte, Dianne, Martin, Ellie
- Minutes Review
- Events Planning
- Review of past and planning for upcoming events
- Coho Festival in West van on 11 September
- Movies in the plaza
- North Shore Art Crawl Rides (Antje 10 min)
- BTWW October 2016 - where, when, who
- CNV Update (10 min)
- Spirit Trail tunnel- engineering plans are underway.
- East Keith and Grand Boulevard - work underway
- Delegation to Council on AAA bike lanes - planned for October 3.
- DNV Update (10 min)
- DNV Public Library bike racks- Tony met with Andrea Freeman of NVPL and the goal is to have a bike repair station with HUB support / TransLink bike rack guidelines. Goal is to secure funding and support them to build a community HUB at NVPL
- Lynn Valley Road bike lanes - construction to start October
- Highland Blvd repaving
- M.Bond motion for a protected/connected DNV bike network. The public agenda available on Thursday the 8th and the motion is scheduled to come before council on Monday Sept 12th.
- DWV Update
- Update on 25 July council meeting which will discuss the Horseshoe Bay Streetscape Plan which could impact the proposed route on Royal Avenue
- 15 Street – Mathers Avenue to Queens Avenue;
- 21 Street – Queens Avenue to Westhill Drive - request to MoTI?
- Skilift Road – Westhill Drive to Folkestone Way.
- Wardance Bridge
- Marine Drive 25th-31st where cyclist was killed
- 1000 block Keith Road incomplete
- MOTI Update (Antje)
- Lower Lynn Interchanges - our priorities for Lillooet and Dollarton Interchanges
- HUB AGM September 17, 2016
- Committee update topics
- Free Advocacy for non-profits workshop run by Erin O'Mellin Monday 12th September as part of Pro Walk, Pro Bike, Pro Place
- Bike the Night Friday, September 16th - seeking Volunteers
- Vision0 30km/hr