Meeting Summary: September 6, 2012

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 6: Line 6:
  
 
     NS bike map distribution status (Antje)
 
     NS bike map distribution status (Antje)
* almost all gone a few hundred left, city of Nv has two boxes, North Shore Tourism has some and will contribute to printing cost but want some mountain bike trails
+
* almost all gone a few hundred left, city of NV has two boxes, North Shore Tourism has some and will contribute to printing cost but want some mountain bike trails
 
* Bicycle Sports Pacific wants more so does Vancouver Library
 
* Bicycle Sports Pacific wants more so does Vancouver Library
 
* we should try for a reprinting before next year and in partnership to reduce costs - MEC, NS municipalities, GranFondo are potentila contributors.
 
* we should try for a reprinting before next year and in partnership to reduce costs - MEC, NS municipalities, GranFondo are potentila contributors.
    HUB news (Fiona, Heather)
+
 
 
     Cycling safety petition to North Van District Council (Antje)
 
     Cycling safety petition to North Van District Council (Antje)
 
* pedestrian safety an issue as well  
 
* pedestrian safety an issue as well  
 
* 800 signed so far mostly from NV
 
* 800 signed so far mostly from NV
* present to DNV council on 10 Sep? with man who was hit
+
* present to DNV council on 10 Sep? with man who was hit on Keith Road a possibility
 
     HUB delegation to North Van District council meeting
 
     HUB delegation to North Van District council meeting
 
* Nelson will try to get a date and jay or somebody else will give the presentation  
 
* Nelson will try to get a date and jay or somebody else will give the presentation  

Revision as of 15:08, 8 September 2012

Attendance

   Welcome new members and guests; Dianne, Peter, Antje, Nelson Lacharity
   

Education & Outreach

   NS bike map distribution status (Antje)
  • almost all gone a few hundred left, city of NV has two boxes, North Shore Tourism has some and will contribute to printing cost but want some mountain bike trails
  • Bicycle Sports Pacific wants more so does Vancouver Library
  • we should try for a reprinting before next year and in partnership to reduce costs - MEC, NS municipalities, GranFondo are potentila contributors.
   Cycling safety petition to North Van District Council (Antje)
  • pedestrian safety an issue as well
  • 800 signed so far mostly from NV
  • present to DNV council on 10 Sep? with man who was hit on Keith Road a possibility
   HUB delegation to North Van District council meeting
  • Nelson will try to get a date and jay or somebody else will give the presentation
  • a general introd to HUB-Ns focussing on improving cycling infrastructure

Infrastructure

   Park Royal update (Peter)
   West Van implementation plan update (Peter)
   East Keith Road update (Antje)
   Low Level Road update (Heather)
   Iron Workers Memorial Bridge update (Fiona)
   HUB letter of support for 3rd & Forbes improvements (Jay/Antje) 

Other Business

Personal tools