Meeting Summary: September 5, 2013
From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
Revision as of 19:37, 5 September 2013 by Peter Scholefield
- Attendance: Antje, Peter, Fiona, Nelson, Dianne, Trent, Erin, Mary Ellen, Bill, Bob, Helen, Yok Leng, Kathy, Paul
- Review of agenda, additional agenda items
- Monthly meeting location & time in 2014
- Roll and Stroll Bike/Walk Festival Edgmont Village October 5 (Mary Ellen, Erin, by email)
- We will be participating in this event on Saturday Oct 5th. The event runs 10-2pm.
- It is a family event with 1000-1500 people expected. HUB will be getting some sort of stamp as participants will have an event passport.
- We will need some volunteers for the booth. Erin and most likely Mary Ellen will be volunteering, but they'd like a few more people. We can discuss shifts if people can't do the whole shift.
- Send an email to Co-Event Coordinators Mary Ellen and Erin if you can help out on Oct 5th.
- Create "low hanging fruit" list for North Shore municipalities (Antje)
- Inexpensive improvements such as paint, signage, curb drops
- Develop report card for North Shore municipalities (Antje)
- Keith Road, West Vancouver, upgrade (Peter)
- Low Level Road cycling closure (Heather or Antje)
- Meeting with North Van-Seymour MLA Jane Thornthwaite in July (Nelson, Antje)
- DWV working with travelsmart to encourge walking tranist and cycling
fair at community centre 26 sep and sat 28 HUB NS
- keith road evelyn project to just east of 11th 4.3 lanes with sharrows will continue west to 11th
clyde-keith traffic calming project - open house on 6 June next open house on 10 Oct
- no speed bumps since 1988
bike implementation plan to be completed by 1 Oct
- connection two bridges over cap river
- Spirit trial west 3 zones wants input on exit zero and switchback to Chatham beside stairs
- long range plan for Spirit Trail but need cooperation of CN Rail
- repaving Marine Drive west of 21st Street