Meeting Summary: Nov 8, 2018

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 19: Line 19:
 
'''Events'''
 
'''Events'''
 
*Bike to Work Week - Tuesday Oct 30 4-6pm, 2nd Narrows with Obsession: Bikes
 
*Bike to Work Week - Tuesday Oct 30 4-6pm, 2nd Narrows with Obsession: Bikes
**Went well, thanks to Dianne for organizing it & all who helped out.
+
**Went well, thanks to Dianne for organizing it & all who helped out.[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uAEyV5qomWDy4-xZBkCuWTSYayd0uXkOhayuZp-Dcl4/edit?usp=sharing Counts]
 
**Should we run our spring B2WW past 6pm? General agreement, Don to talk to Tom @ HQ
 
**Should we run our spring B2WW past 6pm? General agreement, Don to talk to Tom @ HQ
[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uAEyV5qomWDy4-xZBkCuWTSYayd0uXkOhayuZp-Dcl4/edit?usp=sharing Counts]
+
 
 
*Forum on the Seniors Transit Campaign [https://westvancouver.ca/transportation-roads/blue-bus/55-plus-get-there-by-bus 55-plus-get-there-by-bus] Wednesday, Nov 14 from 12:30-3:30 pm at the West Van Seniors Activity Centre. - Paul & Don man a booth.
 
*Forum on the Seniors Transit Campaign [https://westvancouver.ca/transportation-roads/blue-bus/55-plus-get-there-by-bus 55-plus-get-there-by-bus] Wednesday, Nov 14 from 12:30-3:30 pm at the West Van Seniors Activity Centre. - Paul & Don man a booth.
 
*Fall All Committee Workshop (Nov 29th) - Jay will attend. Erika & Martyn will consider.
 
*Fall All Committee Workshop (Nov 29th) - Jay will attend. Erika & Martyn will consider.

Revision as of 19:24, 16 November 2018

HUB North Shore Committee Meeting Nov 8, 2018, 6:30pm - 8:30pm at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).

  • Attendees: Don, Peter T, Erika, Martyn, (Kevin Mclaren Hammerberg Lawyers.personal injury lawyer), Antje, Heather, Nick Hardy (QuadReal Property Group), Joanne, Lora Waugh, Julian Rengifo, Paul, Jay, Fiona.
  • 2019 Organization - Election Results
    • Chair - Don Piercy
    • Vice-Chair - Jay Jardine
    • WV Liaisons - Paul Stott
    • DNV Liaisons - Antje, Jay, Fred, Giacomo
    • CNV Liaisons - Heather, Julian, Erika
      • ITC - City's Integrated Transport Committee - Fiona has been attending, does anyone want to vollenteer for this 4 year role?
    • MOTI/Translink Liaisons - Giacomo, Fred, Antje, Jay
    • RAC Liaison - Jay Jardine
    • Events Co-ordinator - Laura, Fred
    • Communications - Heather, Don
  • Introductions

Events

  • Bike to Work Week - Tuesday Oct 30 4-6pm, 2nd Narrows with Obsession: Bikes
    • Went well, thanks to Dianne for organizing it & all who helped out.Counts
    • Should we run our spring B2WW past 6pm? General agreement, Don to talk to Tom @ HQ
  • Forum on the Seniors Transit Campaign 55-plus-get-there-by-bus Wednesday, Nov 14 from 12:30-3:30 pm at the West Van Seniors Activity Centre. - Paul & Don man a booth.
  • Fall All Committee Workshop (Nov 29th) - Jay will attend. Erika & Martyn will consider.
  • December Meeting - Agreed we will have short 1hr meeting then adjourn for a social gathering of the committee.

HUB North Shore Goals - Don

  • Involvement in updating the N Van Bike Masterplan - Bikeways - Don
    • will discuss with CNV & DNV possible joint meeting in Jan.
  • Regular meetings with CNV - CNV Liaisons to prepare draft agenda & request meeting.
  • Regular meetings with DNV - meeting on Nov 15:
  • updating the HUB UnGapTheMap list for the North Shore - North_SHore_Gap_Priority_List
    • Thanks to the team who updated it: WV: Paul, CNV: Erika, DNV: Jay
  • New Councillors - letter - gaps ride?
  • other??

City of North Vancouver -

  • Grand Blvd/19th Intersection - on list for meeting

District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay

  • List of items for Nov 15th meeting
  • Construction signage in bike lanes - on list for meeting

District of West Vancouver - Paul

  • Update on sidewalk widening on the Welch Street bridge over the Capilano River
  • 17 October meeting with District transportation staff

Translink / MOTI - Antje/Giacomo

  • HUB HQ meeting with Translink (letter - BikeToTransit campaign)
    • Phibbs Exchange
    • Seabus - Loading & Secure bike parking at Lonsdale Quay
  • Phibbs Exchange Design
Personal tools