Meeting Summary: May 10, 2018

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
*Introductions
+
*Introductions: Peter S (Chair), Fabio? Burkio?, Kristen, Erika, Fred, Don, Fiona, Tammy
*Annual Action Plan for Committee
+
*Annual Action Plan for Committee - deferred to next meeeting
 
*20 in 20 Infrastructure Challenge - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:2018-_20_in_20_Infrastructure_Challenge_Backgrounder_(DRAFT-05-03).pdf
 
*20 in 20 Infrastructure Challenge - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:2018-_20_in_20_Infrastructure_Challenge_Backgrounder_(DRAFT-05-03).pdf
 
*Events: (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/50/2018_Events_overview.pdf)  
 
*Events: (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/50/2018_Events_overview.pdf)  
 
**There is a HUB NS calendar which can be incorporated into a calendar program: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/hub.ns.events%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
 
**There is a HUB NS calendar which can be incorporated into a calendar program: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/hub.ns.events%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
**HUB- NS BTWW Plan - Tuesday May 29th 4-6 at IWMB – Dianne will be getting supplies for booth and Obsession Bikes will man a maintenance tent.
+
**HUB- NS BTWW Plan
**HUB NS participation in other North Shore BTWW stations
+
***Tuesday May 29th 4-6 at IWMB – We will host our usual booth and Obsession Bikes will provide a mechanic.
*NVCL Book Bike and 2018 BTWW
+
***Thursday May 31th 4-6 at Grand Blvd & 19th – We and Escape Adventures will host a booth and Lynn Valley Bikes will provide a mechanic.
 +
 
 
*Letters: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=Letters_to_governments
 
*Letters: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=Letters_to_governments
*Consider recommending to NS Councils changes to the Motor Vehicle Act - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/8/81/Modernizing_the_bc_motor_vehicle_act_nov_2017.pdf
+
*Ask NS Councils to support changes to the Motor Vehicle Act - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/8/81/Modernizing_the_bc_motor_vehicle_act_nov_2017.pdf  
 +
** Don & Fred to draft up a letter and distribute for comments.
 
*Future of HUB NS - Yahoo Group - Progress on move to Google - https://groups.google.com/d/forum/hub-north-shore
 
*Future of HUB NS - Yahoo Group - Progress on move to Google - https://groups.google.com/d/forum/hub-north-shore
 +
 +
'''529 - North Vancouver RCMP'''
 +
*Garry Slater of the bike section provided an overview:
 +
*They are planning to roll out 529 and will be training up their volunteers
 +
*Have a small grant for some stickers to kick-off the program.
 +
*May not be ready in time for B2WW, Don to send B2WW stations details in case.
 +
*Would like us to advertise via our email group, we also suggested sending via NSMBA
 +
*Will be emailing all registrants in old program asking them to re-register with 529
 +
 +
'''20 Quick Fixes competition'''
 +
*HUB HQ is organizing this between municipalities:
 +
*Erika created an online map to collect input:
 +
*https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xjKFgO7_s8bsUEAL1fphiucXsB0PyoQo&usp=sharing
  
 
'''District of North Vancouver'''
 
'''District of North Vancouver'''
Line 15: Line 30:
 
**Results of information sessions on 14 and 17 April
 
**Results of information sessions on 14 and 17 April
 
*2018 repaving list – (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/2/23/2018_paving_map.pdf).  
 
*2018 repaving list – (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/2/23/2018_paving_map.pdf).  
**We should gather comments on the segments listed below using our yahoo group, and discuss/approval a draft at our May meeting and then submit them with a request to see the plans for cycle improvements to be included as part of these repaving projects.
 
 
**Paving segments in the 2012 Bicycle Master Plan:
 
**Paving segments in the 2012 Bicycle Master Plan:
 
***29th Street – DNV currently has a comment open on there website. We should continue to encourage people to contribute. Also HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/news/share-your-thoughts-proposed-e29th-st-safety-improvements
 
***29th Street – DNV currently has a comment open on there website. We should continue to encourage people to contribute. Also HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/news/share-your-thoughts-proposed-e29th-st-safety-improvements
 
***Highlands Blvd – DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
 
***Highlands Blvd – DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
 
***Queens - DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
 
***Queens - DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
***Mountain Hwy - 1250 Mtn Hwy to 14th St. Steep, narrow S turn on busy road. ask for protected bike lanes, to connect to new Mtn HWY overpass.
+
***Mountain Hwy - 1250 Mtn Hwy to 14th St. Steep, narrow S turn on busy road. - instead we should ask for better way finding signage on the Arbourlynn route instead.
***West 15th/Roosevelt St – 2 block segment Pemberton to McKay Creek(CNV), needs review, ask for protected bike lanes, to be extended later?
+
***Other sections are short and either already paved short or with little that can be done.
***Spicer – 1 block on-road segment that connects 2 off-road segments, request protected bike lanes?
+
***Arbourlynn Drive – short segment Hoskins to 20th, needs review, ask for protected bike lanes, to be extended later?
+
***Philip – 1 block on residential street. Any improvements needed? Connection to the underpass?
+
  
 
'''District of West Vancouver'''
 
'''District of West Vancouver'''

Latest revision as of 16:12, 14 June 2018

529 - North Vancouver RCMP

  • Garry Slater of the bike section provided an overview:
  • They are planning to roll out 529 and will be training up their volunteers
  • Have a small grant for some stickers to kick-off the program.
  • May not be ready in time for B2WW, Don to send B2WW stations details in case.
  • Would like us to advertise via our email group, we also suggested sending via NSMBA
  • Will be emailing all registrants in old program asking them to re-register with 529

20 Quick Fixes competition

District of North Vancouver

District of West Vancouver

  • Welch St_Bridge_over Capilano River - Media:2018-04-23_DWV_WelchSt_Bridge_CapilanoRiver.pdf
    • Despite our call for a wider crossing, we have been told that in the engineering peer review, it was found not to be possible so they are going to go ahead with a 3.5 m wide MUP.
  • 752 Marine Drive Public hearing on 7 May - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/e/ee/752-Marine-Drive-West-Vancouver-Park-Royal-South_image.jpg.
    • In addition to the HUB letter, Peter attended and spoke in support of the development at the public hearing where a decision was delayed until the next council meeting.
  • Results of the Horseshoe Bay BC Ferries terminal workshop on April 23 - survey at the project website at bcferries.com/about/hsbvision until May 31.
    • Fred attended the workshop and provided some cycling input.
    • Peter will draft a HUB letter.

Bowen Island

City of North Vancouver

  • 13th St E between Lonsdale and St. George's has been completed.
  • Results of open house on 26 April re the proposed new Harry Jerome Recreation Centre.
  • Update on Green Necklace.
Personal tools