Meeting Summary: Jun 14, 2018
From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
- Introductions: Erika (chair), Peter S, Peter T, Fiona, Laura, Jay, Tony, Don, Fred
- HUB- NS BTWW Recap
- Events: (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/50/2018_Events_overview.pdf)
- There is a HUB NS calendar which can be incorporated into a calendar program: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/hub.ns.events%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
- General Items
- Bike to Shop Days - Volunteer opportunity!
- Annual Action Plan for Committee
- 20 in 20 Infrastructure Challenge - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:2018-_20_in_20_Infrastructure_Challenge_Backgrounder_(DRAFT-05-03).pdf
- HUB Cycling's bi-annual All Committee Workshop on Thursday, June 28th from 630pm-830pm at Douglas College (downtown New West)
- Consider recommending to NS Councils changes to the Motor Vehicle Act - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/8/81/Modernizing_the_bc_motor_vehicle_act_nov_2017.pdf
- Future of HUB NS - Yahoo Group - Progress on move to Google - https://groups.google.com/d/forum/hub-north-shore
- North Shore Bikeways - Don made a presentation on a plan to identify and mark longer bike routes on the North Shore connecting major centres - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/7/7e/NS-Bikeways_v3.pdf
- He suggested that such routes could be marked on the next version of the North Shore Bike Map.
- These routes could be expanded to include West Vancouver.
- He would appreciate any comments or additions to the proposed routes.
District of North Vancouver
- Highway 1/Lower Lynn Improvements Project
- W 1st lane behind parking in front of water treatment plant
- 2018 repaving list – (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/2/23/2018_paving_map.pdf)
- DNV Developments Updates (Fred Rathje)
- Lynn Valley Road slip lane bullets and letter for improvement
District of West Vancouver
- Welch St_Bridge_over Capilano River - Media:2018-04-23_DWV_WelchSt_Bridge_CapilanoRiver.pdf
- Plan is to construct a 3.5 m MUP on the south side this summer
- 752 Marine Drive development
- This development was approved with potential protect bike lanes around the perimeter of the property, bike valet service, end-of-trip facilities, bike rental and bike repair facilities.
- Draft HUB letter re OCP public hearing on 18 June - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/6/66/2018-06-15_DWV_OCP_Public_Hearing_on_18_June_.pdf
- LGB Hazard Bump on northbound descent where cabe meets pavement - a cyclist fell off his bike and injured hiself.
- Peter will take a photo
City of North Vancouver
- Lynn Valley Road Slip Lane
- Grand Boulevard Intersection connections
- North Shore Bike Map back on the table - input on routes