Meeting Summary: July 9, 2015
From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
Revision as of 16:00, 9 July 2015 by Peter Scholefield
- Attendance: Peter, Dennis, Dianne, Devan, Nelson, Don M., Rob, Erika, Fiona, Amanda, Don P.
- Agenda approval/changes additions
- Minutes Review (Peter 2 min)
- North Shore Safe Routes Advocates (NSSRA) request for HUB funding (10 min)
- Mountain Highway exchange update (Devan 15 min)
- Car Free day August 22 (Heather 5 min)
- HUB-NS outreach package (Dennis 10 min)
- West Keith Road, North Van Open House (Rob 10 min)
- West Van cycling infrastructure update
- Spirit Trail
- Eagleridge Community Centre, west side of Marine Drive past Eagleridge school to Exit 0 by the end of August
- improvement to Orchill Road section as well
- Consultant to propose a route from Exit 0, to top of Royal Avenue then to Horseshoe followed by public consultation in September
- Plan being developed to extend Spirit Trail in Ambleside from 13th to 19th along Argyle - part of a waterfront plan to go to Council
- meeting later this month with Park Royal to see what their plans are for the Wardance Bridge
- Looking for possibilities to install sections of the Spirit Trail near or on Marine Drive between 25th St and Cranley Drive.
- North end of the Lions Gate Bridge
- Wayfinding signage still in planning and negotiating stage - could be installed in 3-4 weeks
- Trees have been cleared in a section of walkway on the south side of Marine Drive between Taylor Way and the Capilano Pacific Trail - could be improved for cyclists.
- North side of highway 1 from Capilano River Bridge to 3rd Street may be done at the end of this fiscal year if funds are available if not, then in 2016.
- Spirit Trail
- Ironworkers Memorial Bridge - suggested improvements to exit onto Dollarton (10 min)
- Possible response to Transportation Plebiscite results (Peter 10 min)
- Plans for a group assessment ride along the Spirit Trail (Peter 10 min)
- Upcoming events including HUB picnic on 12 July (10 min)