Meeting Summary: July 9, 2015

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 5: Line 5:
 
#* will consider a contribution after finding our more info - Peter will check with Amanada
 
#* will consider a contribution after finding our more info - Peter will check with Amanada
 
# Mountain Highway exchange update (Devan 15 min)
 
# Mountain Highway exchange update (Devan 15 min)
#* heather will circulate the draft HUB letter to MoT for comment  
+
C Heather will circulate the draft HUB response
 +
letter to MoT for comment  
 
# Car Free day August 22 (Heather 5 min)
 
# Car Free day August 22 (Heather 5 min)
 +
#* on Lonsdale
 +
#* lead a ride over back and forth over IWMB from points in Vancouver
 +
#* we will set up a booth
 +
#* we need to check with Colin about insurance
 +
#* Dianne has the box of materials - get more supplies from HUB HQ
 +
#* could survey people at booth about favourite routes or problems
 +
#* laminate a enlarged version of the NS bike map - get pdf version of the map from the city of NV (from their website and get them to print it.
 +
#* Don will coordinate with the city
 +
 
# HUB-NS outreach package (Dennis 10 min)
 
# HUB-NS outreach package (Dennis 10 min)
 
#* deferred to next meeting
 
#* deferred to next meeting

Revision as of 19:04, 9 July 2015

  1. Attendance: Peter, Dianne, Devan, Nelson, Don M., Rob, Erika, Fiona, Amanda, Don P.
  2. Agenda approval/changes additions
  3. Minutes Review (Peter 2 min)
  4. North Shore Safe Routes Advocates (NSSRA) request for HUB funding (10 min)
    • will consider a contribution after finding our more info - Peter will check with Amanada
  5. Mountain Highway exchange update (Devan 15 min)

C Heather will circulate the draft HUB response letter to MoT for comment

  1. Car Free day August 22 (Heather 5 min)
    • on Lonsdale
    • lead a ride over back and forth over IWMB from points in Vancouver
    • we will set up a booth
    • we need to check with Colin about insurance
    • Dianne has the box of materials - get more supplies from HUB HQ
    • could survey people at booth about favourite routes or problems
    • laminate a enlarged version of the NS bike map - get pdf version of the map from the city of NV (from their website and get them to print it.
    • Don will coordinate with the city
  1. HUB-NS outreach package (Dennis 10 min)
    • deferred to next meeting
  2. West Keith Road, North Van Open House (Rob 10 min)
  3. West Van cycling infrastructure update
    • Spirit Trail
      • Eagleridge Community Centre, west side of Marine Drive past Eagleridge school to Exit 0 by the end of August.
      • improvement to Orchill Road section as well.
      • Consultant to propose a route from Exit 0, to top of Royal Avenue then to Horseshoe Bay followed by public consultation in September.
      • Plan being developed to extend Spirit Trail in Ambleside from 13th to 19th along Argyle - part of a waterfront plan to go to Council.
      • meeting later this month with Park Royal to see what their plans are for the Wardance Bridge.
      • Looking for possibilities to install sections of the Spirit Trail near or on Marine Drive between 25th St and Cranley Drive.
    • North end of the Lions Gate Bridge
      • Wayfinding signage still in planning and negotiating stage - could be installed in 3-4 weeks.
      • Trees have been cleared in a section of walkway on the south side of Marine Drive between Taylor Way and the Capilano Pacific Trail - could be improved for cyclists.
    • North side of highway 1 from Capilano River Bridge to 3rd Street may be done at the end of this fiscal year if funds are available if not, then in 2016.
    • Grosvenor Ambleside 1300 block redevelopment - no cycling facilities shown on Grosvenor website (http://grosvenorambleside.com/homes/architecture)despite surrounded by designated bike routes.
    • 1100 block Keith Road - sidewalk to be installed on south side this summer - may paint a bike lane on the north side if there is enough room.
    • John Calimente would like names and contact info of cyclists in West Van who may wish to comment on cycling infrastructure plans.
  4. Ironworkers Memorial Bridge - suggested improvements to exit onto Dollarton (10 min)
  5. Possible response to Transportation Plebiscite results (Peter 10 min)
  6. Plans for a group assessment ride along the Spirit Trail (Peter 10 min)
  7. Upcoming events including HUB picnic on 12 July (10 min)
Personal tools