Meeting Summary: January 12, 2017

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
Revision as of 19:57, 13 January 2017 by Peter Scholefield (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search
  • Introductions: Tony (chair), Peter, Don P, Fred, Erika, Fiona, Antje, Dianne, Martyn, Paul, Kevin, Amelia, Giacomo and invited guests from the DNV: Cormac Linehan, Justin Pedley and Nick
  • Lynn Valley Road Underpass Project Presentation -
    • Cormac, the Project Manager for the Lynn Valley Road Underpass Project, led the presentation with detailed charts projected onto a screen.
    • The project is being jointly planned by DNV, CNV and MoTI and Donna Howes, a transportation consultant is involved.
    • The project plan begins from the end of the southbound separated bike lane on Lynn Valley Road, that runs between Mollie Nye Way and Morgan Road.
    • It is planned to add a traffic lane and a 4m wide above grade multi-use-path under the Hwy 1 underpass which narrows to 3.3 m at Sutherland Ave. and continues southward across 21st Street to join the existing bike lane on Crescent Boulevard.
    • Some kind of fencing is being considered to separate the MUP from traffic under the Hwy 1 underpass which could possibly be like the fencing along the Stanley Park Causeway.
    • Our main concern was the planned crossing at Sutherland Ave. and 21st St. where the MUP curved slightly westward on each side of the intersection to allow a shorter crossing for pedestrians.
    • We pointed out that this would not suit cyclists, so suggested a separate green-painted bike lanes straight across the intersections.
    • It was also suggested that cyclist-activated flashing lights be considered like the ones on the Stanley Park Causeway bike path.
    • We wonder if the the traffic signal at 21st St would be pedestrian activated. They will find out.
    • There is a lightly used bus stop at Southreland and the bus shelter could be a problem for cyclists.
    • They will look into the possibility of adding a green painted bike lane and suggested a letter with our suggestion to the DNV and CNV by 30 January would be helpful.
  • Review of prior meeting minutes
    • Tony's presentation to the DNV on 21 November was viewed online and discussed and several suggestions for letters have been subsequently written.
  • Sunrise Bike Ride next steps
  • UnGapTheMap Workshop Two
  • SLOW DOWN NORTH SHORE public forum Jan 26, 6:30pm
  • City of North Vancouver Update
    • Jones to Grand Boulevard letter
    • Discuss letter of support for the Green Necklace section from Jones to Lonsdale
    • West Keith/13th letter
  • District of North Vancouver Update
    • Maplewood
    • Low Hanging Fruit letter
    • Financial Plan 2017-2021
  • West Vancouver Update
    • Status of the plans to extend the Spirit Trail down into Horseshoe Bay Village (consider new development in Horseshoe Bay)
    • Traffic calming project around Eagle Harbour School
    • HUB delegation topics
    • Pedestrian Network Survey



2017 JAN 12

Peter, tony, Martyn, fred, Nick, Justin, Amelia, Kevin Hay, Don erika, Fred, Cormack, Fiona, AntjeGiacmo, Paul Dianne Lynn Valley Road bike route ciMoti dnv and cnv in project add a lane and a 4m wide mup narrowing to 3.3 m at southerlands and 21st drop down from mup to existing southbound bike lane 21st crossing prblematic because of curve better if it was straghter add flahing lanes add a separate green lane across intersection

Danger by Design fiona

Trnaportation consultatnt – Donna Howes

east side is a cnv project

a letter from us would be helpful by 30 january to CNV and DNV – they will inormal is a lightly used bus stop at Southreland -shelter is a problem for us CNV owns 2 lots they will see about green paint and let downs at this intersection

pedestrian controll crosswalk at 21st? They will check.

Start may/june will take 4-6 months

fence separating traffic uner Hwy 1 underpass. Bollards on gree bike land north of underpass.

Ungapthemap workshop who

Antje got a HUB HQ re the map. Fiona and I

slow down punliv forum tony will be there on the panel– vision 0

CNV

letter on green necklace want letter on supporting green l necklance form 21st and Jones to Lonsdale it is a greeway let call them and tell them wecant support this section

DNV

letters sent re maplewood also lowhanging fruit letter planner liked it and will add to their list finacial plan letter

Lynn creek town centre – anoterh development -pedestrian bridge across creek spirit trail got emai from community planner and invited Antje to meet to discuss plans

lisa Muri talkeing on cbc 13 people

Personal tools