Meeting Summary: December 8, 2016

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Introductions: Peter S (chair), Peter, Fred, Fiona, Nelson, Erika, Don, Heather D.
  • Minutes Review
  • CNV Update
    • Delegation to council recap
      • We replayed the presentation from Tony to DNV council November 21st
      • We will send out the links to the list serve
    • Chesterfield and 3rd St. Development letter
    • Grand Blvd.
      • protected intersections and separate bike lanes in busy areas 23rd East of Lonsdale. widen from 3 meters to 4 meters where possible. creek at 21st is too steep - move to 22nd
  • DNV Update
    • Delegation to council recap
    • Crown/Mountain Hwy rezoning passed by council - development includes protected bike lanes on Mtn Hwy and Crown in front of condo building
    • Maplewood moving to phase 3 planning - Antje working on input letter with Giacomo, Fred, Nelson
      • design is dominated by cars. The current separated bike lane on both sides of Riverside. Main roads one way or narrower. Make this area unattractive to through traffic. Berkely extension should have protected lanes on both sides. Windridge one way?
  • DWV Update
    • Presentation delegation
      • Peter will initiate a delegation.
      • Peter has been asked by the Cypress Village group to help advance planning for the village at the December 12th council meeting.
    • Ambleside Spirit Trail
      • A bollard is right in the middle of the separated by lane between 13th and 14th streets and it is very dark there so is a potential hazard to cyclists at night.
      • At 13th Street, a vehicle can easily pass between the bollard and the railway fence so it is does not serve its purpose.
      • Peter is going to write a letter to council and staff thanking them for the separation
    • Marine Drive Context Study
      • Peter has read the doc. So far very high-level. Talks about the importance of bike lanes. Staff report talks about separated bike lanes. Peter can draft a letter of support.
    • 15th street: Separated bike lane on east side of 15th is confirmed
    • 1100 block Keith Road
      • At the slip lane to 12th St., the confusing bike route sign has been changed and rough pavement replaced.
      • it is planned to put more green paint in the westbound conter-flow bike lane.
    • Possible establishment of a Transportation Consultation Committee
      • Paul Stott has brought up the idea of a 2X a year opportunity to meet with DWV staff and this can be suggested during our delegation presentation.
    • Horseshoe Bay Spirit Trail
      • Heather Johnston is in touch with this project. Peter will ask her to come to our next meeting.
    • Kings Avenue planned traffic Islands - Vanessa Garrett responed to our concerns by instaed installing two side-by-side traffic islands bike pass through on either side.
  • General:
    • Letter Re: Translink Phase 1 Funding - 10-year vision http://tenyearvision.translink.ca/phase-one/
      • Send a letter to each muni asking for their priorities and projects that you are planning to apply for funding.
    • Hard of Hearing Association / Seniors Groups Discuss
    • Don will ask HUB HQ about using the email list of members
Personal tools