Meeting Summary: December 2, 2010

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 12: Line 12:
 
** Antje summarized Dec 1 JBAC special meeting on master plan review. Lots of good input for master plan update.
 
** Antje summarized Dec 1 JBAC special meeting on master plan review. Lots of good input for master plan update.
 
** John summarized shortcomings of current master plan.
 
** John summarized shortcomings of current master plan.
** Municipalities will prepare to start master plan review next year (February or March)
+
** Municipalities will prepare to start master plan review next year (February or March).
 
* FAQ NS cyclist resource (John)
 
* FAQ NS cyclist resource (John)
**  
+
** John added lots of contacts on Google spreadsheet (see his email to Yahoo group for login).
 
+
** Enough information now to post on the wiki.
 
* Additional useful links for wiki site (Peter & Heather):
 
* Additional useful links for wiki site (Peter & Heather):
 
** Motor Vehicle Act rules for cycles (http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/96318_05#section183)
 
** Motor Vehicle Act rules for cycles (http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/96318_05#section183)
Line 25: Line 25:
 
* Lions Gate Bridge (Peter)
 
* Lions Gate Bridge (Peter)
 
** New contact is Matt Choquette
 
** New contact is Matt Choquette
** Online map with cycling facilities still not updated
+
** Online map with cycling facilities still not updated, but everything discussed at Sep meeting will be built
 
** Project to be finished by end of March
 
** Project to be finished by end of March
 
* Iron Workers Memorial Second Narrows Bridge (John)
 
* Iron Workers Memorial Second Narrows Bridge (John)
Line 31: Line 31:
 
** John spoke with MoT about 2nd Narrows. Will focus on short-term improvements, such as rub rail on both sides of bridge sidewalk (such as on rusty bridge across Lynn Creek)
 
** John spoke with MoT about 2nd Narrows. Will focus on short-term improvements, such as rub rail on both sides of bridge sidewalk (such as on rusty bridge across Lynn Creek)
 
* SeaBus bike facilities (Tamiko)
 
* SeaBus bike facilities (Tamiko)
** Tamiko spoke with Gavin and got in touch with other Translink.
+
** Tamiko spoke with Gavin and Translink contact about improving bike access and parking on SeaBus.
* Shared route safety on Spirit Trail (Carolyn)
+
* Hierarchy of cycle route constructs and markings (Peter)
* Hierarchy of Cycle Route Constructs and Markings (Peter)
+
 
* Welsh Street (Bart)
 
* Welsh Street (Bart)
 +
 +
'''Action Items'''
 +
* Peter to follow up on Taylor Wood issues
 +
* Tamiko to follow up with Translink
 +
* Jay to email Cllr Bassam to initiate dialogue on future advocacy efforts in District
 +
* Jay to follow up with City and District regarding signs and driver education about green sharrow lanes
 +
* Group to follow progress at JBAC and District TPAC

Revision as of 19:34, 2 December 2010

Attendance & Agenda

  • Welcome new members and guests
  • Attendance: Peter, Bill, Antje, Jen, Dianne, Tamiko
  • Additional business: none
  • Review November minutes

Education & Outreach

Hot Spots & Issues

  • Lions Gate Bridge (Peter)
    • New contact is Matt Choquette
    • Online map with cycling facilities still not updated, but everything discussed at Sep meeting will be built
    • Project to be finished by end of March
  • Iron Workers Memorial Second Narrows Bridge (John)
    • John summarized meeting with Burnaby and Vancouver VACC committees. Lorraine moderated meeting.
    • John spoke with MoT about 2nd Narrows. Will focus on short-term improvements, such as rub rail on both sides of bridge sidewalk (such as on rusty bridge across Lynn Creek)
  • SeaBus bike facilities (Tamiko)
    • Tamiko spoke with Gavin and Translink contact about improving bike access and parking on SeaBus.
  • Hierarchy of cycle route constructs and markings (Peter)
  • Welsh Street (Bart)

Action Items

  • Peter to follow up on Taylor Wood issues
  • Tamiko to follow up with Translink
  • Jay to email Cllr Bassam to initiate dialogue on future advocacy efforts in District
  • Jay to follow up with City and District regarding signs and driver education about green sharrow lanes
  • Group to follow progress at JBAC and District TPAC
Personal tools