Meeting Summary: Dec13, 2018
Regular meeting at 6:30pm - 8:30pm at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
- Agenda additions
- Attendees: Paul S, Peter S, Antje, Fred, Erika, Jay, Don P, Tammy, Martyn, Dave P, Giacomo, Fiona, Tony
- Certificates of Appreciation presented to Peter S for serving as Vice chair for over 11 years and Tony for serving as Chair 2017-2018. Many thanks to both of them for their hard work in making cycling better & safer on the North Shore.
- Report from Fall All Committee Workshop (Nov 29th) - Jay
- HUB HQ is working on standard definitions of cycle routes (protected cycle lane, shadows, quiet street) to be used across the region to allow comparison of crashes, ... - Discussion suggested including grades & signage
- Don & Heather to attend a Lower Lynn Improvements Media Event (Phase 2 & 4 start), Dec 17th
City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather/Julian
- Held an initial meeting with Jeniffer Draper (planning?) & abc (Engineering?) on Nov-x highlights:
- what were they?
District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay
- McGuire / Tatlow alternatives
- 1st St bike lanes between Mackay Rd and Lloyd
- E 29th Study
- E Keith Study
- Lynn Valley Road at Highway 1 east side bike lane
- Lynn Valley Road northeast of Mountain Highway and Upper Mountain Highway - potential for adding uphill bike lanes to link recreational areas
- Mountain Highway north of Highway 1 - potential for road diet and uphill bike lane
- Welch St westbound
- Orwell Pathway construction impacts
- Items for next meeting
District of West Vancouver - Paul
- Wayfinding signage proposals at Lions Gate Bridge Interchange on Marine Drive
- Speed hump standards
- DWV/DNV links for Gap List
Translink / MOTI - Fred
- NS B-Line - Support/Endorsement? - online petition
- The biggest concern is will cyclist be allowed in the express lanes. - Peter & Paul investigating
- General all support the B-line but it is not really a cycling issue and there are unanswered Qs so no formal endorsement.
- e-Bikes on buses, Skytrain, Seabus, and West Coast Express - Fred is clarifying this with HUB HQ & Translink.
The meeting was adjourned to Jack Lonsdale's.