Meeting Summary: April 4, 2013

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(3 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
'''Attendance & Agenda'''
 
'''Attendance & Agenda'''
* Attendance: Antje, Heather, Peter, Dianne, Mary-Ellen, Fiona, Yok Leng, Kathy
+
* Attendance: Antje, Heather, Peter, Dianne, Mary Ellen, Fiona, Yok Leng, Kathy
* Welcome new members and guests
+
* Introductions
* Additional agenda items
+
  
 
'''Education & Outreach'''
 
'''Education & Outreach'''
 
* HUB delegation at West Van council meeting May 6 (Heather/Peter)
 
* HUB delegation at West Van council meeting May 6 (Heather/Peter)
** Dry run
+
** Dry run, collected feedback
** 3-min presentation to WV Chamber of Commerce on 16 April 1700 at Park Royal Community Room
+
** Also 3-min presentation to WV Chamber of Commerce on 16 April 1700 at Park Royal Community Room
 +
* Event Coordinator - Mary Ellen
 +
** we have list of events, let's do 4: Lynn Valley Days, Canada Day at Waterfront Park, West Van Community Day, Deep Cove Daze
 +
** support BTWW station at Lions Gate Bridge
 +
** Evolution Bikes and Different Bikes, bus rack demo, Cobs Bread, left over goodies from BTWW
 
* City Cycling book for councils (Antje/Peter/Heather)
 
* City Cycling book for councils (Antje/Peter/Heather)
** 4 delivered to West Van, 4 to City NV and 3 to District NV
+
** 4 delivered to West Van, 3 to City NV and 3 to District NV
* Park Royal cycling infrastructure update (Peter)
+
** problem getting getting bikes approaching new intersection heading north and wanting to go west on Marine Drive
+
** final painting of lines and landscaping to be done by the end of April
+
** no decision yet on a multi-purpose crossing over the Capilano River - widow of opportunity is July August
+
** still planning green-painted lanes including past new development at White Spot location
+
 
* Provincial election in May
 
* Provincial election in May
 
** Questions for provincial election candidates on the North Shore
 
** Questions for provincial election candidates on the North Shore
 
** HUB is preparing questions for Metro Vancouver
 
** HUB is preparing questions for Metro Vancouver
** Possibly pre-election province-wide poll on
+
** Fiona has applied for greenest city grant for a 1230-1400 2 May event - 4 to 5 panelist for a webcast ($500-600), SFU to help facilitate
** Fiona has applied greenest city grant for a 1230 -1400 2May event - 4 to 5 panelist for a webcast ($500-600)
+
 
** SFU to help facilitate - get Gordon Price involved
+
'''Infrastructure'''
* Bike to School on the North Shore
+
* Bike network plan for Lower Capilano Marine Village Centre
 +
** have a bike network plan and we should comment on it
 +
** Dianne, Fiona and Antje attended open house in March
 +
** bike network map wasn't presented at open house, but it should be available online
 +
** design of some routes was not clear
 +
** connection from Lions Gate Bridge going northeast is not addressed
 +
** Antje to send out email/link to list to ask for feedback on proposed bike routes
 +
* Park Royal cycling infrastructure update (Peter)
 +
** problem getting bikes approaching new intersection heading north and wanting to go west on Marine Drive
 +
** final painting of lines and landscaping to be done by the end of April
 +
** no decision yet on a multi-purpose crossing over the Capilano River - window of opportunity is July-August
 +
** still planning green-painted lanes including past new development at White Spot location
 +
 
 +
'''Other Business'''
 +
* Fiona brought HUB North Shore Committee business cards
 +
 
 +
'''Postponed to next meeting:'''
 +
* Feedback to HUB Regional Advisory Committee Action Plan
 +
* Bike to School on the North Shore (Helen)
 
** Follow up from last meeting: contact schools & PACs, other ideas?
 
** Follow up from last meeting: contact schools & PACs, other ideas?
 
* North Shore bike map distribution
 
* North Shore bike map distribution
Line 27: Line 43:
 
* 40km/h speed limit proposal for residential streets from City of Victoria
 
* 40km/h speed limit proposal for residential streets from City of Victoria
 
** Proposal to go to this year's UBCM
 
** Proposal to go to this year's UBCM
 
'''Infrastructure'''
 
 
* Cycling during construction of new Low Level Road (Heather)
 
* Cycling during construction of new Low Level Road (Heather)
 
* 13th St at Lonsdale (approved Onni development)
 
* 13th St at Lonsdale (approved Onni development)
* Bike network plan for Lower Capilano Marine Village Centre
 
** have a bike network plan and we should comment on it
 
 
* Keith-Lynn school rezoning for North Shore Studios (Antje)
 
* Keith-Lynn school rezoning for North Shore Studios (Antje)
 
* Government Road on Bowen Island (from Richard)
 
* Government Road on Bowen Island (from Richard)
 
** Anybody wants to take this on?
 
** Anybody wants to take this on?
 
'''Other Business'''
 
* Event Coordinator - Mary-Ellen
 
** we have list of events, lets do 4
 
** support BTWW at LGB,Lynn Valley days. NV Canada Day, West Van Community Day,Deep Cove
 
** Evolution Bikes and Different Bikes, bus rack demo, Cobs Breads, left overs from BTWW
 
 
* Feedback to HUB Regional Advisory Committee Action Plan
 

Latest revision as of 10:28, 5 April 2013

Attendance & Agenda

  • Attendance: Antje, Heather, Peter, Dianne, Mary Ellen, Fiona, Yok Leng, Kathy
  • Introductions

Education & Outreach

  • HUB delegation at West Van council meeting May 6 (Heather/Peter)
    • Dry run, collected feedback
    • Also 3-min presentation to WV Chamber of Commerce on 16 April 1700 at Park Royal Community Room
  • Event Coordinator - Mary Ellen
    • we have list of events, let's do 4: Lynn Valley Days, Canada Day at Waterfront Park, West Van Community Day, Deep Cove Daze
    • support BTWW station at Lions Gate Bridge
    • Evolution Bikes and Different Bikes, bus rack demo, Cobs Bread, left over goodies from BTWW
  • City Cycling book for councils (Antje/Peter/Heather)
    • 4 delivered to West Van, 3 to City NV and 3 to District NV
  • Provincial election in May
    • Questions for provincial election candidates on the North Shore
    • HUB is preparing questions for Metro Vancouver
    • Fiona has applied for greenest city grant for a 1230-1400 2 May event - 4 to 5 panelist for a webcast ($500-600), SFU to help facilitate

Infrastructure

  • Bike network plan for Lower Capilano Marine Village Centre
    • have a bike network plan and we should comment on it
    • Dianne, Fiona and Antje attended open house in March
    • bike network map wasn't presented at open house, but it should be available online
    • design of some routes was not clear
    • connection from Lions Gate Bridge going northeast is not addressed
    • Antje to send out email/link to list to ask for feedback on proposed bike routes
  • Park Royal cycling infrastructure update (Peter)
    • problem getting bikes approaching new intersection heading north and wanting to go west on Marine Drive
    • final painting of lines and landscaping to be done by the end of April
    • no decision yet on a multi-purpose crossing over the Capilano River - window of opportunity is July-August
    • still planning green-painted lanes including past new development at White Spot location

Other Business

  • Fiona brought HUB North Shore Committee business cards

Postponed to next meeting:

  • Feedback to HUB Regional Advisory Committee Action Plan
  • Bike to School on the North Shore (Helen)
    • Follow up from last meeting: contact schools & PACs, other ideas?
  • North Shore bike map distribution
    • Last year we did NS bike shops and at events
  • 40km/h speed limit proposal for residential streets from City of Victoria
    • Proposal to go to this year's UBCM
  • Cycling during construction of new Low Level Road (Heather)
  • 13th St at Lonsdale (approved Onni development)
  • Keith-Lynn school rezoning for North Shore Studios (Antje)
  • Government Road on Bowen Island (from Richard)
    • Anybody wants to take this on?
Personal tools