Meeting Agenda: Sept 6, 2018

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City L...")
 
 
(25 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Reference Items:
 
Reference Items:
 
*Link for HUB Cycling NS mailing list: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hub-nshore/info
 
*Link for HUB Cycling NS mailing list: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hub-nshore/info
*Letters: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=Letters_to_governments
+
*Letters sent since the last meeting on 12 July: [[Media:2018-08-05_CNV_BikeValets.pdf]]<Br> and [[Media:2018-07-28_MOTI_LowerLynnInterchange_Phase3.pdf]]<Br>
 
+
 
Agenda:
 
Agenda:
 
*Introductions
 
*Introductions
 
*Agenda additions
 
*Agenda additions
 
+
*Guest staff member from HUB's new office at 312 Main Street (2nd Floor), Vancouver 
 
*Events: (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/50/2018_Events_overview.pdf)
 
*Events: (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/50/2018_Events_overview.pdf)
**Report on Bike to Shop Day on 23 June  
+
**Coho Festival on 9 Sept  
 
**There is a HUB NS calendar which can be incorporated into a calendar program: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/hub.ns.events%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
 
**There is a HUB NS calendar which can be incorporated into a calendar program: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/hub.ns.events%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
  
 
*General Items
 
*General Items
 +
**Transition to the replacement of our chair and vice-chair
 +
**Greg Robins, candidate for council in the District of North Vancouver’s 2018 elections, want to be called (604-561-4971) about improving biking in the District
 +
**Input to HUB AGM on Saturday, September 8, 2018, at Surrey City Centre Library (Meeting Room 418)- http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:HUB_North_Shore_2018_AGM_Update_2_180904.pdf
 
**Annual Action Plan for Committee - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/3/36/2018_future_DWV_cycling_infrastructure_projects.pdf
 
**Annual Action Plan for Committee - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/3/36/2018_future_DWV_cycling_infrastructure_projects.pdf
**Christine Reid - executive director with NSMBA - cooperation on biking to trails
 
 
**20 in 20 Infrastructure Challenge - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:2018-_20_in_20_Infrastructure_Challenge_Backgrounder_(DRAFT-05-03).pdf
 
**20 in 20 Infrastructure Challenge - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:2018-_20_in_20_Infrastructure_Challenge_Backgrounder_(DRAFT-05-03).pdf
 
***http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/9/9b/2018-_20_in_20_Infrastructure_Challenge_Backgrounder_%2805-09%29.pdf http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/8/89/DWV_list_of_20_quick_fixes_2018-07-10.jpg
 
***http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/9/9b/2018-_20_in_20_Infrastructure_Challenge_Backgrounder_%2805-09%29.pdf http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/8/89/DWV_list_of_20_quick_fixes_2018-07-10.jpg
**RAC Committee Meeting Update and Major Bike NEtwork
+
**Update to North Shore Bike Map - a link to the digital version is on our wiki in the Resources section and is here: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/a/a2/North_Shore_Bike_Map_July_2018.pdf. The printed printed version should be available sometime in September.
**Update to North Shore Bike Map
+
**Status of Letter to send on NS Road Safety Act (Don P)
**Approved Letter to send on NS Road Safety Act (Don P)
+
**Family Streetwise Cycling courses in North Vancouver
+
***July 15th, 9:30-12:30 @ Harry Jerome Recreation Centre - link to register
+
https://bikehub.ca/civicrm/event/info?id=611&reset=1
+
***August 12th, 9:30-12:30 @ Parkgate Community Centre - link to register
+
https://bikehub.ca/civicrm/event/info?id=612&reset=1
+
 
+
  
 
'''District of North Vancouver'''
 
'''District of North Vancouver'''
*Highway 1/Lower Lynn Improvements Project
+
*Results of 5 Sept meeting with Doug Hyde on Phibbs Exchange Designs
*W 1st protected bike lane behind parking in front of water treatment plant - Tony to update
+
*Possible improvements to the east approach to the Hwy1 bridge over the Capilano River (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/7/72/EB_Bikes_on_North_Side_of_Cap_River_Hwy_Bridge.pdf) and http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:To_Ryan_Ross_from_Paul_Stott_re_Hwy1_bridge_over_Capilano_River.jpg
*2018 repaving list – (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/2/23/2018_paving_map.pdf)
+
*Highway 1/Lower Lynn Improvements Project - NSMBA letter to MoTI: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/6/63/NSMBA_letter_to_MoTI_on_Lower_Lynn_Interchanges_Aug_2018.pdf
 
*DNV Developments Updates (Fred Rathje)
 
*DNV Developments Updates (Fred Rathje)
*Lynn Valley Road slip lane bullets and letter for improvement
+
*Lynn Valley Road improvements
  
 
'''District of West Vancouver'''
 
'''District of West Vancouver'''
*Welch St_Bridge_over Capilano River - design for east side approach - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/7/74/Welch_St_bridge_east_side_approach_18-5048_CMsk02.pdf http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/6/60/Wardance_DWV_Proposal_2_East.jpg
+
*Status of proposed safety improvements to the Spirit Trail alongside Welch Street (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/1/1a/Spirit_Trail_Improvements_3-08-18.pdf)
* Draft HUB letter re OCP public hearing on 18 June - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/6/66/2018-06-15_DWV_OCP_Public_Hearing_on_18_June_.pdf
+
*DWV UnGapThemap updates:
* LGB Hazard Bump
+
**Wardance Bridge (Gap 515)
 +
**Capilano Pacific Trail from Hwy 1 to Spirit Trail (Gap 513)
 +
**Taylor Way from Marine Drive to Upper Levels Hwy (Gap 503)
 +
**East end of Keith Road to 3rd Street
 +
**Added a new gap (Marine Drive from 13th to Taylor Way to include an alternate route called the Ambleside-Park Royal Cycleway (running along the south section of Park Royal). This routing is currently marked as "informal bicycle route on the city's 2018 map", FYI.  
 
   
 
   
 
'''City of North Vancouver'''
 
'''City of North Vancouver'''
*Meeting with new transportation folks Carl and Kliment - when?
+
*Results of meeting between HUB-NS and City of North Vancouver  Engineering, Parks and Environment staff.
 +
*City of North Vancouver Engineering Department Bike Route Construction Brochure - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:Bike_Construction_Brochure_final-1.pdf
 
*Marine Drive East between Fell and Bewicke
 
*Marine Drive East between Fell and Bewicke
 
*Grand Boulevard Intersection connections
 
*Grand Boulevard Intersection connections
*North Shore Bike Map back on the table - input on routes
+
*Brian Patterson - Municipal Leaders Ride

Latest revision as of 17:25, 5 September 2018

HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).

Reference Items:

Agenda:

District of North Vancouver

District of West Vancouver

  • Status of proposed safety improvements to the Spirit Trail alongside Welch Street (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/1/1a/Spirit_Trail_Improvements_3-08-18.pdf)
  • DWV UnGapThemap updates:
    • Wardance Bridge (Gap 515)
    • Capilano Pacific Trail from Hwy 1 to Spirit Trail (Gap 513)
    • Taylor Way from Marine Drive to Upper Levels Hwy (Gap 503)
    • East end of Keith Road to 3rd Street
    • Added a new gap (Marine Drive from 13th to Taylor Way to include an alternate route called the Ambleside-Park Royal Cycleway (running along the south section of Park Royal). This routing is currently marked as "informal bicycle route on the city's 2018 map", FYI.

City of North Vancouver

Personal tools