Meeting Agenda: Oct 13, 2017
The HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
- Agenda additions
- Events: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/5f/2017_Events_overview.docx
- SUMMARY: Bike the Night
- SUMMARY: Rivers Day Creek to Creek Festival - Sunday, September 24, 12-4pm
- SUMMARY HUB AGM - Saturday Sept. 23, 2017 - Meeting 1:00 - 4:00pm (representation for North Shore Committee) - Tony
HUB 2017 Election of Chair / Roles
District of North Vancouver
- Pilot bike lane on Highland Blvd - Event Work
- Lynn Valley Road - follow up [Letters Posted]
- Orwell Bike Highway Route
- Strategy plans:
- Maplewood Plan
- Skip the letters planned for development/repaving and multi-use paths
- Write letter & go to council about repaving in 2018
- Write letter & go to council about active transportation funding (with North Shore SRA)
- Check for developments outside town centres (on DNV website)
- Come up with a strategy for multi-use paths. 2 issues: planning/design of new paths and management of current paths (Spirit Trail baffle, bollards). Latter is probably Street Maintenance responsibility. Maybe talk to Mathew to get ideas how to tackle?
District of West Vancouver
- Meeting with District Engineering staff and Wardance Bridge Work
- Eagle Harbour Dropoff Area
- Public consultations on Traffic Calming Measures and a list of those that might be safe for cyclists File:Traffic calming measures that would be safe for cyclists.pdf
City of North Vancouver
- 2012 Bike Masterplan Updates: 2nd Street / Mahon
- "Construction Guidelines for Bike Lane Closures” to assist in ensuring bike safety when bike lanes are closed due to construction, and we anticipate them being completed in fall.
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Lower Lynn Interchanges project update
- Meeting with MLA Bowinn Ma
Other Letters or Actions Required
- Spirit Trail baffles at Pemberton and Welch – need a video of a family with a bike trailer.
- Connect with VCH, Active Transportation Lead - Weds Oct 25th 6:30am-9:00am Lions Gate Hospital Hope Centre (St. Andrews corner 13th St E) maybe we could arrange for an added table, showing a map of the North Shore, and invite visitors to add their vies on hot points and “needs improvement” ….just an idea.
- Connect with stakeholder engagement Acciona - Water Treatment Building