Meeting Agenda: May 2018
HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
Link for HUB Cycling NS mailing list: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hub-nshore/info
- Agenda additions
- Events: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/50/2018_Events_overview.pdf
- Escape Adventures Date: Sunday, March 4th and/or Sunday, May 6th Times: 11-2pm Location: Lynn Valley Village Square
- BTWW Plan - HUB Cycling NS Station and HUB Cycling NS with Escape Adventures (Station location)
- Letters: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=Letters_to_governments
- Consider recommending to NS Councils changes to the Motor Vehicle Act - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/8/81/Modernizing_the_bc_motor_vehicle_act_nov_2017.pdf
- HUB Chair Plan - 3 Co-Chairs + Communications
- NSMBA - Tony note on mailing list. Date for coordination meeting to be confirmed. Anyone interested in supporting this subcommittee?
District of North Vancouver
- Lower Lynn Interchanges
- 2018 DNV repaving list / budget spend - received
- Background: March 2018 DNV provided a preliminary list of paving projects to Tony. I have reviewed the list and compared them to the 2012 Bicycle Master Plan, BMP. All of the paving segments that are part of the BMP I have highlighted in red on the map. The ones that are not are in grey. The orange lines are cycle routes that are currently have an ongoing review/comment program.
- Proposal: We should gather comments on the segments listed below using our yahoo group, and discuss/approval a draft at our May meeting and then submit them with a request to see the plans for cycle improvements to be included as part of these repaving projects.
- Paving segments in the 2012 Bicycle Master Plan:
- 29th Street – DNV currently has a comment open on there website. We should continue to encourage people to contribute. Also HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/news/share-your-thoughts-proposed-e29th-st-safety-improvements
- Highlands Blvd – DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
- Queens - DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
- Mountain Hwy - 1250 Mtn Hwy to 14th St. Steep, narrow S turn on busy road. ask for protected bike lanes, to connect to new Mtn HWY overpass.
- West 15th/Roosevelt St – 2 block segment Pemberton to McKay Creek(CNV), needs review, ask for protected bike lanes, to be extended later?
- Spicer – 1 block on-road segment that connects 2 off-road segments, request protected bike lanes?
- Arbourlynn Drive – short segment Hoskins to 20th, needs review, ask for protected bike lanes, to be extended later?
- Philip – 1 block on residential street. Any improvements needed? Connection to the underpass?
District of West Vancouver
- 18 April Meeting with Engineering & Transportation staff and Park Royal
- Spirit Trail along Welch Street - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/1/19/Spirit_Trail_Intersections_along_Welch_St.pdf
City of North Vancouver
- 13th St E between Lonsdale and St. George's - southside development and Bike Master Plan Implementation update
- W. 1st work to install sidewalks. Work does not include funding for bike lanes, but future work is possible additional consultation required.
- now on ungap the map and an area for growth
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Phibbs Exchange Update
Other Letters or Actions Required
- 2012 Bike Masterplan Updates: 3rd Street / 2nd Street / Mahon -> Planned for 2018
- HUB Structure and Sub-Committee Focus - discuss rotating chairs and note takers