Meeting Agenda: May 10, 2018
HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor). Link for HUB Cycling NS mailing list: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hub-nshore/info
- Agenda additions
- Annual Action Plan for Committee
- 20 in 20 Infrastructure Challenge - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:2018-_20_in_20_Infrastructure_Challenge_Backgrounder_(DRAFT-05-03).pdf
- Events: (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/50/2018_Events_overview.pdf)
- There is a HUB NS calendar which can be incorporated into a calendar program: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/hub.ns.events%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
- HUB- NS BTWW Plan - Tuesday May 29th 4-6 at IWMB – Dianne will be getting supplies for booth and Obsession Bikes will man a maintenance tent.
- HUB NS participation in other North Shore BTWW stations
- NVCL Book Bike and 2018 BTWW
- Letters: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=Letters_to_governments
- Consider recommending to NS Councils changes to the Motor Vehicle Act - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/8/81/Modernizing_the_bc_motor_vehicle_act_nov_2017.pdf
- Future of HUB NS - Yahoo Group - Progress on move to Google - https://groups.google.com/d/forum/hub-north-shore
District of North Vancouver
- Highway 1/Lower Lynn Improvements Project
- Results of information sessions on 14 and 17 April
- 2018 repaving list – (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/2/23/2018_paving_map.pdf).
- We should gather comments on the segments listed below using our yahoo group, and discuss/approval a draft at our May meeting and then submit them with a request to see the plans for cycle improvements to be included as part of these repaving projects.
- Paving segments in the 2012 Bicycle Master Plan:
- 29th Street – DNV currently has a comment open on there website. We should continue to encourage people to contribute. Also HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/news/share-your-thoughts-proposed-e29th-st-safety-improvements
- Highlands Blvd – DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
- Queens - DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
- Mountain Hwy - 1250 Mtn Hwy to 14th St. Steep, narrow S turn on busy road. ask for protected bike lanes, to connect to new Mtn HWY overpass.
- West 15th/Roosevelt St – 2 block segment Pemberton to McKay Creek(CNV), needs review, ask for protected bike lanes, to be extended later?
- Spicer – 1 block on-road segment that connects 2 off-road segments, request protected bike lanes?
- Arbourlynn Drive – short segment Hoskins to 20th, needs review, ask for protected bike lanes, to be extended later?
- Philip – 1 block on residential street. Any improvements needed? Connection to the underpass?
District of West Vancouver
- Welch St_Bridge_over Capilano River - Media:2018-04-23_DWV_WelchSt_Bridge_CapilanoRiver.pdf
- 752 Marine Drive Public hearing on 7 May - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/e/ee/752-Marine-Drive-West-Vancouver-Park-Royal-South_image.jpg
- Results of the Horseshoe Bay BC Ferries terminal workshop on April 23 - survey at the project website at bcferries.com/about/hsbvision until May 31.
- Bowen Island Municipality is in the final stages of adopting its first Transportation Plan. Council has directed staff to seek comment from HUB on the plan - https://bowenisland.civicweb.net/document/158885
- Draft HUB letter: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/7/7f/Bowen_Island_Transportation_Plan.pdf
City of North Vancouver
- 13th St E between Lonsdale and St. George's has been completed.
- Results of open house on 26 April re the proposed new Harry Jerome Recreation Centre.
- Update on Green Necklace.