Meeting Agenda: Mar 8, 2018
HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
Link for HUB Cycling NS mailing list: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hub-nshore/info
- Agenda additions
- Annual Committee Budget (annual budget cycle ends on March 31st and does NOT carry over to next fiscal)
- Events: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/5f/2017_Events_overview.docx
- Escape Adventures Date: Sunday, March 4th and/or Sunday, May 6th Times: 11-2pm Location: Lynn Valley Village Square
- Letters: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=Letters_to_governments
- Consider recommending to NS Councils changes to the Motor Vehicle Act - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/8/81/Modernizing_the_bc_motor_vehicle_act_nov_2017.pdf
- Future of HUB NS - Yahoo Group - move to Google?
District of North Vancouver
- Paul Pakulak, Section Manager Streets, accepts HUB Bike Award for DNV responsiveness to cyclist concerns
- Kirkstone Greenways for Cycling - http://www.nsnews.com/opinion/letters/letter-district-of-north-van-s-kirkstone-vote-a-road-to-ruin-1.23175313
- 2018 DNV repaving list / budget spend - coming from Ingrid
- Maplewood Plan - HUB by Invitation Only Attendance (Darwin Properties and the Tsleil-Waututh Nation)- invitation to a meeting to better understand the Active Transportation values related to the North Shore Innovation District site (ie. Maplewood Northlands).
District of West Vancouver
- 20 Feb Meeting with Engineering & Transportation staff
- Horseshoe Bay Terminal Upgrades
- HUB letter to mayor and councillors with comments on OCP - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:Draft_OCP_Transportation_comments_-_page_35.jpg - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/0/01/Draft_OCP_Feedback_-_ps_draft.pdf
- Spirit Trail along Welch Street - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/1/19/Spirit_Trail_Intersections_along_Welch_St.pdf
- now on ungap the map and an area for growth
City of North Vancouver
- W. 1st work to install sidewalks. Work does not include funding for bike lanes, but future work is possible additional consultation required.
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Lower Lynn Interchanges project update
- Phibbs Exchange Update
- BC Ferries Committee Formation (https://www.bcferries.com/about/hsbvision/)
Other Letters or Actions Required
- 2012 Bike Masterplan Updates: 3rd Street / 2nd Street / Mahon -> Planned for 2018
- HUB Structure and Sub-Committee Focus - discuss rotating chairs and note takers