Meeting Agenda: Apr 12, 2018
HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
Link for HUB Cycling NS mailing list: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hub-nshore/info
- Agenda additions
- Presentation to HUB board meeting on 11 April - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/1/1b/HUB_board_meeting_on_11_Apr_18.pdf
- Annual Committee Budget (annual budget cycle ends on March 31st and does NOT carry over to next fiscal)
- Events: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/5f/2017_Events_overview.docx
- Escape Adventures Date: Sunday, March 4th and/or Sunday, May 6th Times: 11-2pm Location: Lynn Valley Village Square
- BTWW Plan - HUB Cycling NS Station and HUB Cycling NS with Escape Adventures (Station location)
- Letters: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=Letters_to_governments
- Consider recommending to NS Councils changes to the Motor Vehicle Act - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/8/81/Modernizing_the_bc_motor_vehicle_act_nov_2017.pdf
- Future of HUB NS - Yahoo Group - Progress on move to Google
- HUB Chair Plan - 3 Co-Chairs + Communications
- Council Support for MVA Reforms - fyi that New Westminister and Victoria council have passed a motion to support the MVA reforms. http://www.newwestrecord.ca/news/new-westminster-supports-modernizing-of-motor-vehicle-act-1.23188859
A Vancouver Committee volunteer will also be meeting with Heather Deal and speaking about this next week (to encourage Vancouver City Council to pass a similar motion). Can we do the same?
District of North Vancouver
- Plan overview for Mountain Highway to Fern St. and off road trails discussion March 16, 2018
- Paul Pakulak, Section Manager Streets, accepts HUB Bike Award for DNV responsiveness to cyclist concerns
- Kirkstone Greenways for Cycling - http://www.nsnews.com/opinion/letters/letter-district-of-north-van-s-kirkstone-vote-a-road-to-ruin-1.23175313
- 2018 DNV repaving list / budget spend - received
- Background: March 2018 DNV provided a preliminary list of paving projects to Tony. I have reviewed the list and compared them to the 2012 Bicycle Master Plan, BMP. All of the paving segments that are part of the BMP I have highlighted in red on the map. The ones that are not are in grey. The orange lines are cycle routes that are currently have an ongoing review/comment program.
- Proposal: We should gather comments on the segments listed below using our yahoo group, and discuss/approval a draft at our May meeting and then submit them with a request to see the plans for cycle improvements to be included as part of these repaving projects.
- Paving segments in the 2012 Bicycle Master Plan:
- 29th Street – DNV currently has a comment open on there website. We should continue to encourage people to contribute. Also HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/news/share-your-thoughts-proposed-e29th-st-safety-improvements
- Highlands Blvd – DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
- Queens - DNV currently has a pilot on this segment. HUB NS should submit an official letter with our recommendations. http://www.dnv.org/property-development/current-bike-lane-pilot-projects
- Mountain Hwy - 1250 Mtn Hwy to 14th St. Steep, narrow S turn on busy road. ask for protected bike lanes, to connect to new Mtn HWY overpass.
- West 15th/Roosevelt St – 2 block segment Pemberton to McKay Creek(CNV), needs review, ask for protected bike lanes, to be extended later?
- Spicer – 1 block on-road segment that connects 2 off-road segments, request protected bike lanes?
- Arbourlynn Drive – short segment Hoskins to 20th, needs review, ask for protected bike lanes, to be extended later?
- Philip – 1 block on residential street. Any improvements needed? Connection to the underpass?
- Maplewood Plan - HUB by Invitation Only Attendance (Darwin Properties and the Tsleil-Waututh Nation)- invitation to a meeting to better understand the Active Transportation values related to the North Shore Innovation District site (ie. Maplewood Northlands).
District of West Vancouver
- 20 Feb Meeting with Engineering & Transportation staff
- Horseshoe Bay Terminal Upgrades
- HUB letter to mayor and councillors with comments on OCP - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:Draft_OCP_Transportation_comments_-_page_35.jpg - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/0/01/Draft_OCP_Feedback_-_ps_draft.pdf
- Spirit Trail along Welch Street - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/1/19/Spirit_Trail_Intersections_along_Welch_St.pdf
- now on ungap the map and an area for growth
City of North Vancouver
- 13th St E between Lonsdale and St. George's - southside development and Bike Master Plan Implementation update
- W. 1st work to install sidewalks. Work does not include funding for bike lanes, but future work is possible additional consultation required.
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Lower Lynn Interchanges project update
- Phibbs Exchange Update
- BC Ferries Committee Formation (https://www.bcferries.com/about/hsbvision/)
Other Letters or Actions Required
- 2012 Bike Masterplan Updates: 3rd Street / 2nd Street / Mahon -> Planned for 2018
- HUB Structure and Sub-Committee Focus - discuss rotating chairs and note takers