Group Ride: July 15, 2010
Recap: Anita, Antje, Bill, Dave, Dianne and Jay showed up for a ride through Lynnmour. We left at 6:30pm from the Mountain Equipment Co-op store and went east on the new bike lane on Main St and followed the signed bike route via Harbour and Barrow. The we rode up to Capilano University via Orwell St, Fern St and crossed under Hwy 1 at the Lynn Ck bridge. Continued up to the university via Old Lillooet and Lillooet Rd. We had a long stop and discussion about the planned Seymour Greenway and rode from campus through some brambles to check out the steep hill under the power line that is the planned greenway route.
At the cemetery Dianne discovered she had a flat (from the brambles?) and a broken spoke. She arranged for a pickup. The rest of us went back down to Main St via the Hwy 1 on and off ramps. This is legal and the fastest way to get to Second Narrows, but MoT doesn't sign it because they don't want to encourage cyclists to ride the shoulder. It's marked on the Translink bike map though. We finished the ride with a coffee at Park & Tilford. Map of the route to come.
Group Ride: June 17, 2010
- Bill and Jay took a nice ride from Park Royal to Edgemont along streets, trails, tunnels and overpasses.
Group Ride: May 20, 2010
- Ride around the proposed Village Loop Trail in West Vancouver
- Leaving from Artigiano's on the south side of Park Royal at 6:00pm
Route and Objective
- Description of the route and link to Google Map plus why this route was chosen (what to watch for)
- Only Dave and I showed up for the ride. Bill dropped by to chat but could not join us on the ride. We checked out several of the Hot Spots (Bridge Ambleside/Park Royal and Spirit Trail at 13th/West Van) then opted to wait for those more closely associated with the Village Loop trail on later ride. Instead we rode up the west shore of the Capilano to the Fullerton Ave bridge, across the trail to Tatlow, walked up the "Chicken Walk" and rode Keith to the connector trail at 23rd, stopped and visited Bill at his place, tried his electric assist bike, then rode up Lloyd to the UL trail to Westview, across to 25th and along my route to William and 29th. A lot of topics were discussed and issues uncovered - fodder for some more pages on the Wiki. It was a good ride. - Jay MacDonald
Jay, Dave and Bill