Election 2011: Rod Clark
Thanks for the questions & your long service to the coalition ... I know community service can be trying at times as well as very rewarding ... good on ya for sticking with it.
1. What modes of transportation do you normally use within Metro Vancouver? Do you ever use a bike for transportation in your municipality?
Car, public transit & bike. In good weather I use my bike for transportation.
2. How would you support and encourage cycling for transportation to promote healthy and livable communities?
Continue with the Bicycle Master Plan implementation.
3. Do you think the current level of funding for cycling in your municipality is adequate?
Given the demands for service from all sides, Yes.
4. What would you do to ensure a sustainable and adequate source of cycling funding during your term in office?
Again, continue with the implementation of the Cycling Master Plan.
5. What is your level of interest in a public bike-share system integrated with the transit system?
I think this would be a great thing & will actively pursue it.
6. What role do you think the municipality has in supporting and promoting cycling education for children, cyclists and motorists?
Within our means, I believe we should actively promote cycling education.
Return to Election 2011 page