Election 2011: Michael Evison
Thank you for the questions.
1. What modes of transportation do you normally use within Metro Vancouver? Do you ever use a bike for transportation in your municipality?
Occasionally use the bus. Rarely do I use a bike since I live in hilly central West Vancouver.
2. How would you support and encourage cycling for transportation to promote healthy and livable communities?
Accelerate development of the Spirit Trail.
3. Do you think the current level of funding for cycling in your municipality is adequate?
Funding is never adequate, but there is room for improvement.
4. What would you do to ensure a sustainable and adequate source of cycling funding during your term in office?
I need more community input to answer this question objectively.
5. What is your level of interest in a public bike-share system integrated with the transit system?
Maybe in some parts of the Lower Mainland but the North Shore is one colossal challenge. On a personal note, I have studied bike-share systems in London, England.
6. What role do you think the municipality has in supporting and promoting cycling education for children, cyclists and motorists?
Every Municipality must support cycling since it is a real alternative to the motor vehicle. Cycling should be seen as an integral component of any transportation network.
Councillor, District of West Vancouver
Return to Election 2011 page