Election 2011: Carolanne Reynolds
1. What modes of transportation do you normally use within Metro Vancouver? Do you ever use a bike for transportation in your municipality?
Car from WV to Vancouver; if one stop, perhaps a bus to downtown. I wd consider bicycling if I was younger; however come to think of it, even then the prospect and time wrt going over the Lions' Gate Bridge may be too daunting.
Sorry not the answer you want.
Also, in the rain, I'd have to go to a hairdresser before my mtg and would need full rain gear to protect professional attire.
Locally in a flat area on a path in a park wd be a delightful activity, however.
2. How would you support and encourage cycling for transportation to promote healthy and livable communities?
More success in the Fraser Valley as in the Netherlands; more difficult on a hillside.
3. Do you think the current level of funding for cycling in your municipality is adequate?
Think more cd be done re bike lanes -- Marine Drive is flat enough to be suitable however v narrow in places.
4. What would you do to ensure a sustainable and adequate source of cycling funding during your term in office?
Determine what the budget amount shd be and allocate annually
(perhaps a Working Group to come up with solutions first; then followed.)
5. What is your level of interest in a public bike-share system integrated with the transit system?
Need more info
6. What role do you think the municipality has in supporting and promoting cycling education for children, cyclists and motorists?
promote through communications (ie Tidings, municipal notices)
link to vacc.bc.ca
Return to Election 2011 page