HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. Our September meeting we will be an online conference call using https://join.me/zzz . You can also phone in (audio only) at +1.778.654.8779,,zzz #
- Agenda additions
Goals & Objectives
- 2020 Goals Overview - presentation
- Implementation of 3 top priority Bikeways
- Analysis of current state all segments of the 3 Bikeways and next steps for each
- will be added to UnGap the Map database
- Establish communications with community stakeholders re Bikeways.
- Set-up meeting with West Van Chamber of Commerce & Ambleside Dundarave BIA - On Hold
- Prepare message to share with NS Cycle clubs/organization - Heather/Don
- Implementation of 3 top priority Bikeways
- Schedule Meetings with North Shore MLAs - Don
- Hwy 1 East side connector by MoTI as part of Lower-Lynn interchanges project
- Updating the MVA to a Safe Roads Act.
Events - Fred
- Fall Bike2Work Week - Sep-28-Oct-2 -
- earlier this year
- "Knowledge HUBs' instead of Celebration stations
- Covid compliant info distribution + bike Mechanics
- no food (unless they can get cliff bars or similar donated)
- Schedule: - It would be good to have 2 HUB NS members at each - signup sheet
- Monday 28th - Lion's Gate Bridge, N Side - 4:30-6:30pm
- Tuesday 29th - 1st and Welch St at Spirit Trail (CNV) - 4:30-6:30pm
- Thursday 1st - Ironworkers, N side - 4:30-6:30pm
- 1 new ones
- aaa - re Mountain Highway N or Aurbourlynn
City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather
- New delineators and buffers separating the bike lane from vehicle traffic. Feedback?
- St Andrews / 17th:
- reducing speeds on those shared open streets to 30 kmh. Signs are up on both streets. Heard complaints second-hand that traffic has increased on adjacent streets.
- traffic diverters on 13th and 15th and St Andrews
- other traffic calming on St. Andrews
Take the Open Streets Survey here https://letstalk.cnv.org/open-streets-in-the-city and please write to Council with your support for Open Streets road reallocations and traffic calming.
- Cotton (opposite Park & Tilford)
Technically this MUP is open but the west side entrance has a bumpy letdown. Reminder sent to Justin Hall.
- Local bikeway spot improvements STILL coming:
- Signal coming at 4th & Lonsdale for 4th street bike route with traffic calming (diverters) planned at intersections @ Chesterfield and @ St Georges
- Signal at 3rd & St Andrews
- East Keith
- Status of bike lane plan?
- CityFix app
- Has anybody had success using this to fix street/signal issues, other than sweeping bike lanes?
District of North Vancouver - Don/Ryan
- 1st Avenue West
- Parking protected bike lane once. Treatment plant construction allows. Will be coordinated with City design.
- LV rd & E 29th
- Reduced fast lane width on Lynn Valley Road allowed a 0.3m bike lane buffer space after repaving. Will install permanent style plastic posts this fall. This will allow passing as the cycle lane is only 1.5m
- Plan to also install on 29th
- Public consultation for Upper Lynn Valley Road bike lane postponed until at least the fall
- Targeted OCP Review
- Public consultation on hold.
- Marine / Mcguire pinch point
- DNV reviewing internally to see what can be done with the space available.
- Lower Lynn Wayfinding signage
- Reviewed with staff and they were most receptive. Updated version in Sep/Oct
- North end of Mtn Hwy overpass connection with Arbourlynn:
- Consultant is working on options expected in Fall.
- Meeting in Sept to coordinate on MoTI connections and Corridor Study.
- Casano connector route to LV TC.
- Public consultation on hold
- Keith/Brooksbank intersection signal issues (Antje)
- E Keith Rd plan status?
District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter
- Response to COVID-19 pandemic
- On 21 July, Peter, Paul and Joe Weiler met with John Calimente to discuss feedback on the Bellevue slow streets implementation and subsequent phases of slow streets implementation.
- John informed us that consideration and implementation of the next phases of slow streets, beyond Phase 2, including loops through Ambleside and Dundarave, has been postponed until next year due to insufficient resources available.
- Having not heard from the Ambleside Dundarave Business Improvement Association (ADBIA), nor the District, we assume that consideration of plans for a Ciclovia for West Van has also been postponed until next year.
- On 27 July, we received an email for our comment from John Calimente with proposed routes for future slow streets, including a phase 3 route in 2021 along Duchess/Esquimalt/Haywood Avenues.
- Just after the BC Day holiday weekend, Phase 2 of slow streets was implemented extending the Bellevue Avenue slow street signage to 31st Street along a route south of the railway tracks (http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/3/37/31st_and_Proctor_slow_streets_westward_extension_2020-08-06_IMG_3010.jpg.
- On 16 July, at a public hearing, West Van Council, in a 4-3 decision, decided to allow Park Royal to proceed to the next step in their proposed addition of 95 rental units to the Gateway Residences development. Both Paul and and Peter had previously written to the mayor and council in support of the additional 95 rental units and mentioning our satisfaction with the inclusion end-of-trip cycling facilities and the storage of a Cycling Without Age trishaw. Peter intervened by telephone in support of the proposed addition at the public hearing.
- 3rd annual 20-in-20 Infrastructure Challenge - on 23 July Evan Hammer at HUB HQ sent to John Calimente the 20 suggested minor cycling infrastructure improvements that Paul and Peter had proposed.
- In the 27 July email, John Calimente provided for our comment proposed changes to the West Vancouver bike network. This process of revising the West Van bike network map complicates our provision of input to update the HUB State of Cycling map.
- Cypress Village - the community consultation process got underway in July in the context of Planning for the Upper Lands (https://www.westvancouverite.ca/upperlands). More detailed information and analysis will be added to the webpages throughout July and August, and there will be opportunities for small group discussions as well as a public survey.
MOTI - Antje/Don
- Hwy 1 North Shore Corridor Study Lynn Valley to Horseshoe Bay
- Sent Input for Cycling Improvements for the Hwy 1 Corridor Study
- Waiting for early draft of study
- Lower Lynn - Monthly meeting
- East side connector between dollarton and Mt Seymour Parkway - 2 major pinch points
- Have made some suggestions, and Jay will review, but the design is well advanced.
Developers - Fred/Don
- Currently active:
- Park Royal ...- want to add 95 rental units, with no parking
- Harbourside (near King's Mill park)
- Provided input on HUB submission for Cycling Amenities to be included in 1st phase of development.