HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor). The December meeting will only be from 6:30-7:30
- Agenda additions
Goals & Objectives
- 2020 Goals: - need to select a couple for 2020
- 2019 Goals: 3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Coordinator
- Schedule Meetings with North Shore MLAs
- Funding for our Priority routes
- Updating the MVA to a Safe Roads Act.
City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather
- Requests for Meetings and Information
- Liaisons requested a meeting with staff in November. Staff responded saying it would be better to meet in January when they "will have fleshed out the engagement strategies for the phase 2 projects: Esplanade, Midtown (Keith/13th), Upper Levels east and designs for Phase 1 projects
- Liaisons requested the construction drawings for the City portions of the Rapid Bus project in December (no response)
- Initiatives Tracker
- Esplanade Protected Bike Lanes.
- Protected bike lane will be open shortly along the Prominade development.
- HUB has asked for a copy or the drawings to review we still have not seen drawings
- Don and Heather measured Esplanade both sides from Forbes to St. Georges
- Timeline for Esplanade build out: Public consultation and design: 2020, construction: 2021
- Priority Corridors for AAA Mobility Lanes passed
- Phase 1 Off Marine Drive - for Rapid Bus project
- Phase 2 Esplanade, Midtown (Keith/13th), Upper Levels east
- Integrated Transportation Committee
- How do we get HUB representative on this committee - appointments start 1-Feb-2020 for 2 years
- Councillor Valente is aware of this and will work with committee on new terms of reference that include HUB member
District of North Vancouver - Jay/Giacomo/Ryan
- 29th Street protected bike lanes (Tempe Cres to Lynn Valley Rd)
- work is nearing completion
- Lynn Valley Town Centre infrastructure
- MUP being planned between Kirkstone Park and Emery Place as part of development - see online survey and provide comments 
- protected bike lanes being completed through new "Town Centre Connector" extension of E29th from Lynn Valley Road to E27th - will need to wait for Safeway redevelopment to complete entire gap
- protected bike lanes being completed for E27th from Mountain to "Town Centre Connector" and future "Creek to Peak" bikeway - will need to wait for Safeway redevelopment to complete entire gap
- Targeted OCP Review
- Phase 2 consultation to begin Spring 2020 
- Weekly Traffic Bulletin
- Updated every Friday on DNV website and highlights not only construction closures / work zones but the purpose of the closures (i.e. new bike lanes, sidewalks etc) 
- Next meeting with Staff- January 9, 2020 (same location just before committee meeting)
- follow up on feedback provided for "Low Level" and "Creek to Peak" route options
- integration with MOTI work on Lower Lynn next phases and how we can close remaining gaps along Main and Dollarton
- pursue gap closure options for Lions Gate Bridge to McGuire / W 15th bike route
- Seymour Estates redevelopment (Mount Seymour Parkway and Lytton) - potential to push for better infrastructure along frontage  The developer is planning to provide a large bike room at grade with secure enclosures for bikes.
- Issues tracker: 
- 20 in 20 updates?
- Pathway lighting on E Keith / Fern east of Lower Mountain - lights are not on in early evening darkness - email sent to DNV
District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter
- The installation of new wayfinding decision and confirmation signs has been completed on the MUPs at the north end of the Lions Gate Bridge.
- Connection between Capilano Pacific Regional Trail at Woodcroft and Keith Rd at 3rd St is still under construction with three upper switchbacks completed.
- A proposed modification of slide presentation has been prepared for the 10 February HUB delegation to brief Mayor and Council on 3-Bikeway strategy and other HUB priorities.
- DWV priorities for 2020 include protected bike paths along the south side of Marine Drive between Taylor Way and municipal boundary to dovetail with N.Van bike paths at Lions Gate Village and 15th/Tatlow.
- Construction of the Welch St Bridge/Spirit Trail improvement (by Park Royal) expected to begin this spring.
- Propose to nominate the Hugo Ray Connector for the HUB 2019 cycling infrastructure award.
Communications & Outreach - Heather/Antje/James/Martyn
- Still need to summarize our meeting from last fall
- Next step: build high-quality photo library of utility cycling on the North Shore that can be used for social media, communications and provided to the media (e.g. North Shore News)
MOTI - Antje/Giacomo/Jay
- Mountain Highway Interchange
- Walk through planned with DNV staff to identify issues - likely end of January
- After DNV walk through raise remaining issues in MOTI jurisdiction with project manager Jay Porter
- Main-Dollarton Interchange
- Provided feedback to MOTI on latest design and asked for more information on rebuilding approaches to existing tunnel and on potential new tunnel design
- Recommended bike path (bike highway) along east side of Hwy 1 between Main and Fern, to connect with new path system at Lillooet Interchange
- Maintenance of bridges to Vancouver and Stanley Park Causeway
- No response to our letter on this and other maintenance issues nor any changes to wayfinding
- Causeway paths were swept in December by Miller Capilano on request (Antje) but northbound path badly overgrown with brambles, which is Vancouver Park Board responsibility.
- Hwy 1 North Shore Corridor Study Lynn Valley to Horseshoe Bay
- HUB-NS to review and update priority cycling improvements in MOTI jurisdiction
- Antje received Ungap the Map files from Vancouver committee/HUB HQ
- Next step: Antje to draft priority cycling improvements in January and send to email discussion list for feedback
BC Ferries - Peter S
- HSB Terminal input now closed. Our key issues:
- Access to Ticket Booths from both Highway and Spirit Trail
- Holding areas for Cyclists
- Protected Bikepath from terminal to Exit 0 (Spirit Trail) and also to Highway shoulder
- InterIsland Ferry design consultation just starting - need link
- e-Bikes on Buses
- Bike parking at Exchanges:
Schools - Tammy/Martyn
- Presented at the North Shore Safety Council meeting Dec-4 about HUB's School Education programs that are available.
- Next Steps?
Developers - Fred/Don
- Cap Mall redevelopment - Initial Public comments -
- requesting secure and Dry bike parking for shoppers and safe convenient parking for residents
- will have a meeting with developers in January
- TRC Maplewood Plaza mixed use development.
- 75 long term residential/commercial bike parking/storage
- 6 short term bike parking
- Developer very receptive to concept of a secure bike room on EACH floor of building similar to adjacent Maplewood Plaza project already approved.