HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
- Agenda additions
- 3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Coordinator
- How do we measure progress on these goals?
- Is there a way to link HUB goals and Community Energy and Emissions Planning (CEEP) goals?
- RAC meeting - Ryan
- RAC will be refocused on how HQ can better support Local committees, Board has a committee to develop this.
- TransLink Regional Transportation Strategy (Transport 2050) collecting input until September for plan to be completed late 2020.
- Elephants feet legal standing and vs Green paint.
- Draft Whitepaper on economic impacts of installing bike lanes.
- All Committee Meeting - Thurs July 27, 18:30-20:30, in Surrey - Don & Fred
- Vancouver no longer organizes B2WW stations, just provides a couple volunteers per station (to gather comments & recruit)
- Using rides to identify problems on routes and generate submission to municipal staff - also encourages new people to get engaged.
- Review of HUB State of Cycling maps for the North Shore. - Jay
- DNV & WV have been submitted.
- . Classifications: meeting with TransLink's Transportation Planning SubCommittee (TPSC) next Friday, July 12th
- Brenda re Dollarton/Cap U residences
- Lyle re unsafe Lynn trail detours
- Don re broken rails on causeway
- are these the same as the ones at NE end of 2nd narrows
Events - Fred
- Canada Day at Waterfront park - July 1, Fred & Don
- They had have bike valet, but it needed more advertising.
- Lots of visitors, great day
- Parkgate Community- early September
- Bike to Work Week - Fall 2019
City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather
- Esplanade - Seabus drop-off and short & long term improvements
- Meeting with CNV bylaw officer
- Send a Thank You note?
- Casano – Loutet Overpass - funding
- Marine Dr Mosquito Creek Bridge
- Monthly meetings with staff (but have not heard back)
- Meetings with Councillors to present our goals
- Feedback and recommended next steps
- 20 in 20 list
District of North Vancouver - Jay/Giacomo/Antje
- 29th Street protected bike lanes (Tempe Cres to Lynn Valley Rd) - council continue to support plan, need to monitor
- Next meeting - scheduled with Ingrid end July/first week of August - focus on wayfinding on 15th but also upcoming projects
- Present to council - delegation form submitted
- Lower Mountain and E Keith crossing conflicts with left and right turn vehicles - letter detailing concerns submitted - analysis underway by staff but no commitment to change anything'
- Ross Road bridge replacements - no cycling infrastructure included in project (widened bridges with new sidewalks)
- Lower Mountain and Oxford - protected cycle path design input
- Lynn Valley Road - pilot project uphill bike lane from Mountain to Kilmer
- Status of other pilot projects - can we enhance / extend these?
District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter S
- Meeting with Staff - 17 Jun
- Klee Wyck to 3rd
- Upper level route
- Keith Road Bridge
- LG Bridge signage
- Marine Drive-15th Ave coordination with DNV/CNV
- Bike BC funding for a protected bike lane on Marine Drive eastward from the Lions Gate Bridge.
- Spirit Trail speed management
- Spirit Trail & Welch St proposed changes- draft HUB letter: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:2019-06-13_LDWVSpirit_Trail_V5_HUB_190613.pdf
- 12 June meeting between Squamish Nation and Park Royal re widened sidewalk on Welch Street Bridge over the Capilano River.
- Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - Phase 1 - Visioning meetings
Communications & Outreach - Heather/Antje/James
- Yahoo Group -
- Twitter - Antje sends out local news
- FaceBook - James has offered to maintain a HUB NS account
- HUB membership (NS)
- Upcoming HUB Events & meetings
- Current cycling news & NS Issues
- Publicizing opportunities to provide input (Public meetings, online surveys, ...)
- Request for support of improvements & projects
- How to expand our reach & effectiveness
- Other groups - Cycle clubs, NSMBA
- Local media (NS News & Global Canadian)
- Any other ideas
- Presentations to Councils, business groups, schools? ...
- Recruiting "interested but concerned" people
- Membership coordinator?
- Letters/Emails cc'ed to use
- adopt agap
BC Ferries - Peter S
- ANYTHING NEW this month?
- Joint meeting at Tsawwassen Terminal Boardroom on 24 May with BCF planners, Victoria and BEST reps, HUB HQ (Andrew), BCCC (Peter Stary), HUB NS (Peter Scholefield)
- HUB input on 6 June to draft Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ds3_0l5Lax7gHzsKxTV8_THTHzVrMDkkLjKrdlsQTK8/edit
- Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan -
- Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - Round table Invitation
- ANYTHING NEW this month?
- e-Bikes on Buses - Update on HUB HQ discussions with TransLink
- Bike parking at Exchanges:
- letter to Translink re Lonsdale Quay -pinged Rex, still no response, how to escalate??
- Also want space for future at Phibbs (and for bike share)
MOTI - Antje/Giacomo/Jay
- walk though of Mountain/Brooksbank intersection with Jay Porter and Mike Farnyk (contractor rep)
- signage and striping incomplete, considering options to allow westbound sidewalk riding on Keith Road
- upcoming detours will move cyclists to west side of Mountain via two-way fenced path - need to ensure proper signage, adequate width for uphill/downhill travel and connectivity to crosswalk at ArborLynn
- summer closure of pathway connection under Highway 1 - sidewalk detour signed via Keith / Fern - issues with sidewalk riding and narrow pinch points
- contacts for MoTI reps:
- Anna Kosmala, Area Manager (contact for cycling issues or concerns on the North Shore not related to the Lower Lynn Improvements Project.)
- Amanda Pellam, Sr. Regional Transportation Planning Engineer (contact for future active transportation improvements on the North Shore)