2019-06-13 Agenda

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(13 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
 
*[[media:HUB-NS_2019_Goals_v13.pdf|3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Coordinator]]
 
*[[media:HUB-NS_2019_Goals_v13.pdf|3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Coordinator]]
 
** How do we measure progress on these goals?
 
** How do we measure progress on these goals?
   
+
** Is there a way to link HUB goals and Community Energy and Emissions Planning (CEEP) goals?
   
+
 
 +
 
 
===General===
 
===General===
 
*RAC meeting - Ryan
 
*RAC meeting - Ryan
*2019 20 in 20 - discuss in each municipality section
+
**[https://www.leg.bc.ca/content-committees/Pages/Finance-Budget-Consultation.aspx BC Budget 2020 Consultation open for comments until June 28].
*Whitepaper on economic impacts of installing bike lanes.
+
**[https://www.transport2050.ca TransLink Regional Transportation Strategy (Transport 2050)] collecting input until September for plan to be completed late 2020.
*All Committee Meeting - Thurs July 27, 18:30-20:30, in Surrey - who is interested in attending?
+
** Elephants feet legal standing and vs Green paint.
   
+
*Draft Whitepaper on economic impacts of installing bike lanes.
 +
*All Committee Meeting - Thurs July 27, 18:30-20:30, in Surrey - who else  is interested in attending?
 +
*Review of HUB State of Cycling maps for the North Shore.
 +
 
  
 
===Events - Fred ===
 
===Events - Fred ===
Line 22: Line 26:
 
** Thur May-30: 19th & Grand Blvd - 16:00-18:00
 
** Thur May-30: 19th & Grand Blvd - 16:00-18:00
 
* Blueridge Good Neighbour Day - June 2, 11:00-15:00
 
* Blueridge Good Neighbour Day - June 2, 11:00-15:00
 +
* Bike to Shop Day June 1 East Van to Lonsdale
 
* Canada Day at Waterfront park - July 1,  
 
* Canada Day at Waterfront park - July 1,  
 
**They will have bike valet!! yeah Tony!
 
**They will have bike valet!! yeah Tony!
 
** Need 4 volunteers
 
** Need 4 volunteers
 
* Others? - Caribbean Days, Salmon Festival, ???
 
* Others? - Caribbean Days, Salmon Festival, ???
   
+
 
   
+
 
 
===City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather===
 
===City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather===
 
* Esplanade - Seabus drop-off and short & long term improvements
 
* Esplanade - Seabus drop-off and short & long term improvements
Line 49: Line 54:
 
* Present to council - as delegation
 
* Present to council - as delegation
 
* Possible Spirit Trail route east of Seymour with NSMBA
 
* Possible Spirit Trail route east of Seymour with NSMBA
 +
** http://www.space2place.ca/north-shore-spirit-trail
 +
** https://my.viewranger.com/user/routes/edit/2425163
 
* Lower Mountain and E Keith crossing conflicts with left and right turn vehicles
 
* Lower Mountain and E Keith crossing conflicts with left and right turn vehicles
  
  
 
===District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter S===
 
===District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter S===
*Spirit Trail & Welch St proposed changes
+
*Spirit Trail & Welch St proposed changes- draft HUB letter: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:2019-06-13_LDWVSpirit_Trail_V5_HUB_190613.pdf
*wayfinding signage at the north end of the Lions Gate Bridge:
+
*12 June meeting between Squamish Nation and Park Royal re widened sidewalk on Welch Street Bridge over the Capilano River.
**[http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/1/1c/2019-04-15_LGB_Signage_Map.pdf Signage Map]
+
*Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - Phase 1 - [https://www.westvancouverite.ca/plan-hsb Visioning meetings]
**[http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/5/51/Draft_-_kiosk_locations.jpg Kiosk Locations]
+
Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - Phase 1 - [https://www.westvancouverite.ca/plan-hsb Visioning meetings]
+
 
*Bike racks for Ambleside and Dundarave - [https://westvancouver.ca/sites/default/files/dwv/assets/art-culture/docs/0700-19-079_Expression_of_Interest_Bicycle_Rack_Design.pdf Design Contest] results. - Peter S was one of the judges.
 
*Bike racks for Ambleside and Dundarave - [https://westvancouver.ca/sites/default/files/dwv/assets/art-culture/docs/0700-19-079_Expression_of_Interest_Bicycle_Rack_Design.pdf Design Contest] results. - Peter S was one of the judges.
*funding for protected bike lanes on marine east of Lions gate???
+
*Bike BC funding for a protected bike lane on Marine Drive eastward from the Lions Gate Bridge.
   
+
 
 
+
 
 
===BC Ferries - Peter S===
 
===BC Ferries - Peter S===
*Joint meeting BCF, HUB HQ (Andrew), BCCC (Peter Stary), HUB NS (Peter Scholefield)
+
*Joint meeting at Tsawwassen Terminal Boardroom on 24 May with BCF planners, Victoria and BEST reps, HUB HQ (Andrew), BCCC (Peter Stary), HUB NS (Peter Scholefield)
** items
+
** HUB input on 6 June to draft Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ds3_0l5Lax7gHzsKxTV8_THTHzVrMDkkLjKrdlsQTK8/edit
 
*[http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/6/6d/Horseshoe_Bay_Terminal_Development_Vision_for_the_future.pdf Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan] -  
 
*[http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/6/6d/Horseshoe_Bay_Terminal_Development_Vision_for_the_future.pdf Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan] -  
 
*Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - [http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/a/ae/Horseshoe_Bay_Local_Area_Plan_roundtable_invitation.pdf Round table Invitation]
 
*Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - [http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/a/ae/Horseshoe_Bay_Local_Area_Plan_roundtable_invitation.pdf Round table Invitation]
 
+
 
 
+
 
 
===Translink - Fred/Antje===
 
===Translink - Fred/Antje===
 
* e-Bikes on Buses - Update on HUB HQ discussions with TransLink
 
* e-Bikes on Buses - Update on HUB HQ discussions with TransLink
Line 76: Line 81:
 
      
 
      
 
      
 
      
===MOTI - Giacomo/Antje===
+
===MOTI - Antje/Giacomo===
 
*Meeting with Jay Porter
 
*Meeting with Jay Porter
 
**Mountain Highway / Brooksbank temporary configuration - corrective action request sent to MoTI regarding narrow bike lane and lack of protection on Keith Road
 
**Mountain Highway / Brooksbank temporary configuration - corrective action request sent to MoTI regarding narrow bike lane and lack of protection on Keith Road

Latest revision as of 16:35, 13 June 2019

HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).

  • Agenda additions
  • Introductions


Contents

[edit] 2019 Objectives


[edit] General


[edit] Events - Fred

  • Bike to Work Week - May 27-Jun2 2019
    • Tue May-28: NE end of 2nd Narrows - 16:00-18:30
    • Thur May-30: 19th & Grand Blvd - 16:00-18:00
  • Blueridge Good Neighbour Day - June 2, 11:00-15:00
  • Bike to Shop Day June 1 East Van to Lonsdale
  • Canada Day at Waterfront park - July 1,
    • They will have bike valet!! yeah Tony!
    • Need 4 volunteers
  • Others? - Caribbean Days, Salmon Festival, ???


[edit] City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather

  • Esplanade - Seabus drop-off and short & long term improvements
  • Meeting with CNV bylaw officer
    • Send a Thank You note?
  • Casano – Loutet Overpass - funding
  • Marine Dr Mosquito Creek Bridge
  • Monthly meetings with staff (but have not heard back)
    • itesm1
  • Meetings with Councillors to present our goals
    • Feedback and recommended next steps
  • 20 in 20 list


[edit] District of North Vancouver - Jay/Giacomo/Antje

  • 29th Street protected bike lanes preliminary design review (Tempe Cres to Lynn Valley Rd)
  • Ride to council
  • Riverside Drive delineators - concerns relayed to various levels of staff
  • 1st / Mackay construction detours and signage corrective action request
  • Next meeting - TBD - challenges in getting face to face meetings with staff
  • Present to council - as delegation
  • Possible Spirit Trail route east of Seymour with NSMBA
  • Lower Mountain and E Keith crossing conflicts with left and right turn vehicles


[edit] District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter S


[edit] BC Ferries - Peter S


[edit] Translink - Fred/Antje

  • e-Bikes on Buses - Update on HUB HQ discussions with TransLink
  • Bike parking at Exchanges:
    • letter to Translink re Lonsdale Quay - no response.
    • Also want space for future at Phibbs (and for bike share)


[edit] MOTI - Antje/Giacomo

  • Meeting with Jay Porter
    • Mountain Highway / Brooksbank temporary configuration - corrective action request sent to MoTI regarding narrow bike lane and lack of protection on Keith Road
    • Phase 3 (north end of IWMB) design - scope reduced but still some cycling improvements coming
    • plans for any other North Shore interchanges - Jay P will provide planning contact for North Shore study
    • Exit 0 shoulder from BCF terminal to Spirit Trail - will follow up to determine jurisdiction
    • Concerns with bumps, hazards and unsafe overtaking on LGB - Jay P will provide operations contact
Personal tools