HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
- Agenda additions
- 3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Coordinator
- Liaisons to prepare Agenda for meetings with Mayors & Councillors
- How do we measure progress on these goals?
- RAC meeting - Ryan
- 2019 20 in 20 - discuss in each municipality section
Events - Lora
- Earth Day at Loutet Farm
- Bike the Shore - May 5 or July 20 10:00-14:00 - Lynn Valley Village Square
- Bike to Work Week - May 27-Jun2 2019
- Tue May-28: NE end of 2nd Narrows - 16:00-18:30
- Thur May-30: 19th & Grand Blvd - 16:00-18:00
- BC Active Transportation Summit - June 17 & 18, New Westminister - BC Cycling Coalition.
- Is anyone planning to attend?
- Blueridge Good Neighbour Day - June 2, 11:00-15:00
- Need 4 volunteers
- Canada Day at Waterfront park - July 1,
- Others? - Caribbean Days, Salmon Festival, ???
City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather
- Meeting with CNV bylaw officer
- ITC - Fiona
- Casano – Loutet Overpass
- Marine Dr Mosquito Creek Bridge
- Next meeting -
- We have requested monthly meetings with staff (but have not heard back)
- Action items: plan meetings with Councillors to present our goals
- 20 in 20 list
District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay/Giacomo
- Riverside Drive delineators - concerns relayed to various levels of staff
- new wayfinding signage - staff are currently working on 15th parallel to Marine no ETA for Lynn Valley priority routes
- NV Bike masterplan update - to follow up at next meeting
- Provided comments on 1st / Mackay buffered bike lanes - to follow up at next meeting
- 1st / Mackay construction detours and signage corrective action request
- Bike BC funding support request re: 29th Avenue. Letter of support provided - to follow up at next meeting with conditions for future requests to staff (i.e. must be AAA, preferred on our priority routes).
- Next meeting - TBD - challenges in getting face to face meetings with staff
- Presentation to bike-friendly Councillors - TBD
- 20 in 20 list
District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter S
- wayfinding signage at the north end of the Lions Gate Bridge:
Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - Phase 1 - visioning meetings (https://www.westvancouverite.ca/plan-hsb)
- Bike racks for Ambleside and Dundarave - funds are available - design of the racks is being considered and a design contest is underway with a closing date 0f 15 May.
BC Ferries - Peter S
- Workshop on Next Generation Ferries Apr-2 - Paul & Fred attended
- Upcoming joint meeting BCF, HUB HQ (Andrew), BCCC (Peter Stary), HUB NS (Peter Scholefield)
- Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/6/6d/Horseshoe_Bay_Terminal_Development_Vision_for_the_future.pdf
- Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/a/ae/Horseshoe_Bay_Local_Area_Plan_roundtable_invitation.pdf
- e-Bikes on Buses - Update on HUB HQ discussions with TransLink
- Bike parking at Exchanges:
- letter to Translink re Lonsdale Quay
- Also want space for future at Phibbs (and for bike share)
MOTI - Giacomo/Antje
- Mountain Highway / Brooksbank temporary configuration - corrective action request sent to MoTI regarding narrow bike lane and lack of protection on Keith Road
- Meeting with Jay Porter end of month to discuss next phases of work
- Concerns with bumps, hazards and unsafe overtaking on LGB - may need to escalate