From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
Giacomo, Fiona, Don, Peter S, Peter T, Fred, Erika, Heather, Justin, Ryan, Tammy, Rob
- 3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Coordinator Presentation
- Liaisons will schedule meeting with 1st Councillors before next meeting
- RAC meeting -
- Ryan will be our new RAC representative.
- BC Active Transport Strategy - Please provide your comments
- Last chance to contribute, will end soon
- 2019 20in20 - Liaison to add updates to Erika's google maps website.
Events - Fred
- Earth Day at Loutet Farm - Apr 27, 10:00-13:00 - Fred, Dianne
- Bike the Shore - May 5 or July 20 10:00-14:00 - Lynn Valley Village Square - Ryan & Fred
- Bike to Work Week - May 27-Jun2 2019
- Tue May-28: NE end of 2nd Narrows - 16:00-18:30
- Thur May-30: 19th & Grand Blvd - 16:00-18:00 - could use a couple more to staff the booth
- Blueridge Good Neighbour Day - June 2, 11:00-15:00 - need 2 more to staff the booth
- Canada Day at Waterfront park - July 1,
- Others? - Caribbean Days, Salmon Festival, ???
- Bike to School - Peter T and Tammy asked about our involvement. Historically we have left this to Safe Streets & HASTE. Requested that Peter T & Tammy discuss with these groups & PACs and find out if there is more we can do.
City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather
- Bike Valet - report to council
- Highlights from Feb 11 meeting
- Next meeting -
- B-Line changes to include 2 sections of off street bikepath: 1) On Third Street along Moodyville Park moving east on the south side 2) from Gladstone to Brooksbank on the southside only. Sent a Letter to Mayor, Council and Staff regarding support for B-Line in general, but also asking for safe bike routes. The route includes Esplanade which really needs fixing.
- Don and Heather responded to a request for comment from CBC regarding the death of the person cycling along Esplanade. When we get the details, we will think about a HUB response.
- We have requested monthly meetings with staff (but have not heard back)
- Attended the INSTPP meeting with TransLink and MLA Bowinn Ma. Many pro-cycling people in the room.
- CNV response re collision on Green Necklace
- Action items: plan meetings with Councillors to present our goals
District of North Vancouver - Giacomo
- no February meeting
- new wayfinding signage - receipt of comments acknowledged for LLTC to LVTC proposed routing and wayfinding - no ETA for staff completion
- Cycling & Work Zones - receipt of comments acknowledged
- NV Bike masterplan update - RFP for consultants released - to follow up at May meeting
- Provided comments on 1st / Mackay buffered bike lanes - to follow up at April meeting
- Bike BC funding support request re: 29th Avenue. Letter of support provided - to follow up at May meeting with conditions for future requests to staff (i.e. must be AAA, preferred on our priority routes).
- Mountain Highway / Brooksbank temporary configuration - some comments provided to MoTI regarding narrow bike lane striping on Keith, looking for other user observations.
- Preference for 27th as alternative to 29th in BMP provided to staff.
- B-Line ride-through with staff, comments and input provided on bike lane design and separation.
- DNV has confirmed construction of bike lane on Mountain Highway north of Lynn Valley Rd, with removal of parking spaces on east side of road
- Presentation to bike-friendly Councillors - TBD
- Next meeting - 2nd week of May
District of West Vancouver - Peter S
- B-Line controversy - 15 April Council meeting
- Peter S will be there with the Force of Nature Alliance group who will be bringing B-line cookies and pro-B-Line signs.
- It looks like Council will vote to terminate the B-Line at Park Royal.
- wayfinding signage at the north end of the Lions Gate Bridge:
- Peter and Paul have submitted comments on the latest proposals at: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/2/2b/2019-03-21_Lions_Gate_Bridge_bike_signage_-_V4.jpg;
- The latest proposal includes confirmation signs with distances to destination as well as decision signs.
- The backgound map was very poor so to help clarify the decision points where there should be signage, Peter prepared the following two sectional maps: http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:Vicinity_of_westbound_bridge_over_Capilano_River_with_arrows2.jpg and http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/index.php?title=File:Vicinity_of_Lions_Gate_Bridge_viaduct_with_arrows.jpg
- Bike racks for Ambleside and Dundarave - funds are available - design of the racks is being considered and a design contest is underway.
BC Ferries - Peter S/Fred/Don
- Workshop on Next Generation Ferries Apr-2 - Paul & Fred attended
- Upcoming joint meeting BCF: HUB HQ (Andrew), BCCC (Peter Stary), HUB NS (Peter Scholefield)
- Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan - Public input delayed until fall, now to be coordinated with West Van's Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan
- e-Bikes on Buses - Fred will continue to encourage Andrew to have TransLink allow e-bikes (batteries on buses)
- Bike parking at Exchanges:
- Sent letter to Translink re Lonsdale Quay
MOTI - Giacomo/Antje
- New meeting with Jay Porter to be requested