From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).
- Agenda additions
- 3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Coordinator
- Liaisons to prepare Agenda for meetings with Mayors & Councillors
- How do we measure progress on these goals?
- RAC meeting - ???
- Need new RAC rep from North Shore due to work conflicts
- BC Active Transport Strategy - Please provide your comments
- HUB Cycling's Recommendations - a very detailed and well thought out response.
- 2019 20in20 - discuss in each municipality section
Events - Lora
- Earth Day at Loutet Farm - Apr 27, 10:00-13:00 - Fred, Dianne & ???
- Bike the Shore - May 5 or July 20 10:00-14:00 - Lynn Valley Village Square
- Bike to Work Week - May 27-Jun2 2019
- Tue May-28: NE end of 2nd Narrows - 16:00-18:30
- Thur May-30: 19th & Grand Blvd - 16:00-18:00
- BC Active Transportation Summit - June 17 & 18, New Westminister - BC Cycling Coalition.
- Is anyone planning to attend?
- Blueridge Good Neighbour Day - June 2, 11:00-15:00
- Need 4 volunteers
- Canada Day at Waterfront park - July 1,
- Others? - Caribbean Days, Salmon Festival, ???
City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather
- Bike Valet - report to council
- Highlights from Feb 11 meeting
- ITC - Fiona
- Casano – Loutet Overpass - detailed design 60% done, built in late 2019. requesting bike BC funding
- Marine Dr Mosquito Creek Bridge - includes protected bike lanes at the sidewalks in two directions, start in March, finish in Fall
- Next meeting -
- B-Line changes to include 2 sections of off street bikepath: 1) On Third Street along Moodyville Park moving east on the south side 2) from Gladstone to Brooksbank on the southside only. Sent a Letter to Mayor, Council and Staff regarding support for B-Line in general, but also asking for safe bike routes. The route includes Esplanade which really needs fixing.
- Don and Heather responded to a request for comment from CBC regarding the death of the person cycling along Esplanade. When we get the details, we will think about a HUB response.
- We have requested monthly meetings with staff (but have not heard back)
- Attended the INSTPP meeting with TransLink and MLA Bowinn Ma. Many pro-cycling people in the room.
- CNV response re collision on Green Necklace
- Action items: plan meetings with Councillors to present our goals
District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay/Giacomo
- no February meeting
- new wayfinding signage - receipt of comments acknowledged for LLTC to LVTC proposed routing and wayfinding - no ETA for staff completion
- Cycling & Work Zones - receipt of comments acknowledged
- NV Bike masterplan update - RFP for consultants released - to follow up at April meeting
- Provided comments on 1st / Mackay buffered bike lanes - to follow up at April meeting
- Bike BC funding support request re: 29th Avenue. Letter of support provided - to follow up at April meeting with conditions for future requests to staff (i.e. must be AAA, preferred on our priority routes).
- Mountain Highway / Brooksbank temporary configuration - some comments provided to MoTI regarding narrow bike lane striping on Keith, looking for other user observations.
- Preference for 27th as alternative to 29th in BMP provided to staff.
- B-Line ride-through with staff, comments and input provided on bike lane design and separation.
- Next meeting - April TBD
- Presentation to bike-friendly Councillors - TBD
District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter S
- B-Line controversy - 15 April Council meeting
- wayfinding signage at the north end of the Lions Gate Bridge:
- Bike racks for Ambleside and Dundarave - funds are available - design of the racks is being considered and a design contest is underway.
BC Ferries - Peter S
- Workshop on Next Generation Ferries Apr-2 - Paul & Fred attended
- Upcoming joint meeting BCF, HUB HQ (Andrew), BCCC (Peter Stary), HUB NS (Peter Scholefield)
- Horseshoe Bay Terminal Development Plan - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/6/6d/Horseshoe_Bay_Terminal_Development_Vision_for_the_future.pdf
- Horseshoe Bay Local Area Plan - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/a/ae/Horseshoe_Bay_Local_Area_Plan_roundtable_invitation.pdf
- e-Bikes on Buses - Update on HUB HQ discussions with TransLink
- Bike parking at Exchanges:
- letter to Translink re Lonsdale Quay
- Also want space for future at Phibbs (and for bike share)