2019-02-14 Agenda

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
Revision as of 22:15, 8 February 2019 by Dpiercy (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).

  • Agenda additions
  • Introductions


Contents

2019 Objectives

  • 3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Manager
    • Draft 4 of Presentation to be shared with all North Shore Councils - Don
    • Liaisons to review our Priorities with municipal staff and get agreement
    • Liaisons to prepare Agenda for meetings with Mayors & Councillors
  • How do we measure progress on these goals?

General

  • RAC meeting - Jay
  • Infrastructure Funding Tracker - Liaisons to provide updates to HUB HQ
  • 2018 Infrastructure Successes Map - Jay provided input to HUB HQ
  • The State of Cycling in Metro Vancouver - HUB HQ to publish in early summer
    • Translink/HUB - Standardized definitions of Cycling Infrastructure
      • Should be publish in late spring
      • looking for volunteers to do assessments of NS routes.
  • Letters of support for B-Line - Don
    • Positive acknowledgments received from: Jordan Black, Steve Ono, Linda Buchanan & Tony Valente
  • Guidelines for future "Letter of Support" - Don
  • HUB Training on NATCO Guidelines - Heather, Paul & Don to attend

Events - Lora

  • Bike to Work Week - May 27-Jun2 2019
  • 2019 plan


City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather/Julian

  • Highlights from January meeting
  • ITC - Fiona
    • Casano – Loutet Overpass - detailed design 60% done, built in late 2019. requesting bike BC funding
    • Marine Dr Mosquito Creek Bridge - includes protected bike lanes at the sidewalks in two directions, start in March, finish in Fall
  • Next meeting -

District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay/Giacomo

  • Highlights from January meeting
    • 3 priority bikeways provided to staff .
    • new wayfinding signage - would like to focus on preferred bikeway routing between Lower Lynn TC / 2nd Narrows and Lynn Valley TC. HUB compiling input on what route we prefer.
    • Cycling & Work Zones - have a draft guideline - review comments provided to staff.
    • NV Bike masterplan update?
  • Provided comments on 1st / Mackay buffered bike lanes.
  • Bike BC funding support request re: 29th Avenue. Have requested more details to see what class of facility is proposed.
  • B-Line impacts / opportunities.
  • Next meeting -
    • Lynn Valley Road northeast of Mountain Highway and Upper Mountain Highway - potential for adding uphill bike lanes to link recreational areas.
    • Orwell Pathway construction impacts.

District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter


Translink - Fred/Antje

  • e-Bikes on Buses - Ask HUB HQ to raise with Translink?
  • from HUB HQ meeting with TransLink: SeaBus by bike, Lonsdale Quay parking, Phibbs parking & bike share space


MOTI - Giacomo/Antje

Personal tools