2019-02-14 Agenda

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(35 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
  
  
===2019 Objectives - Don===
+
===2019 Objectives ===
*Top Priority Bikeways
+
*3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Manager
** Presentation to be shared with all North Shore Councils
+
** [[media:HUB-NS_2019_Goals_v4.pdf|Draft 4 of Presentation]] to be shared with all North Shore Councils - Don
** Analysis & prioritization of gaps in the 3 priority bikeways.
+
** Liaisons to review our Priorities with municipal staff and get agreement
*Meeting with all Mayors & Councillors
+
** Liaisons to prepare Agenda for meetings with Mayors & Councillors
**Agenda for meetings - WV, DNV, CNV
+
* How do we measure progress on these goals?
*Active Transportation Manager in each municipality.
+
* How do we measure progress on our goals?
+
  
  
 
===General===
 
===General===
 
*RAC meeting - Jay
 
*RAC meeting - Jay
 +
**Committee Action Plan provided to HUB
 +
**Committee handbook being updated
 +
**Potential white paper on business benefits of bike infrastructure
 +
**Regional working groups on Central Valley Greenway/Alex Fraser/Pattullo replacement
 +
**Construction guidelines for bike lanes (Vancouver template)
 
*Infrastructure Funding Tracker - Liaisons to provide updates to HUB HQ
 
*Infrastructure Funding Tracker - Liaisons to provide updates to HUB HQ
*2018 Infrastructure Successes Map - Jay provided input to HUB HQ
+
*[https://bikehub.ca/about-us/infrastructure-successes 2018 Infrastructure Successes Map] - Jay provided input to HUB HQ
*[https://bikehub.ca/about-us/news/the-state-of-cycling-in-metro-vancouver The State of Cycling in Metro Vancouver] - HUB HQ to publish in May
+
*[https://bikehub.ca/about-us/news/the-state-of-cycling-in-metro-vancouver The State of Cycling in Metro Vancouver] - HUB HQ to publish in early summer
*Translink/HUB - Standardized definitions of Cycling Infrastructure
+
**Translink/HUB - Standardized definitions of Cycling Infrastructure
 
+
*** Should be publish in late spring
 +
*** looking for volunteers to do assessments of NS routes.
 +
* [[Letters to governments|Letters of support for B-Line]] - Don
 +
** Positive acknowledgments received from: Jordan Black, Steve Ono, Linda Buchanan & Tony Valente
 +
* Guidelines for future "Letter of Support" - Don
 +
* HUB Training on NATCO Guidelines - Heather, Paul & Don to attend
 +
* Budget - Any needs for our committee?
  
 
===Events - Lora ===
 
===Events - Lora ===
Line 28: Line 37:
  
  
===City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather/Julian===
+
===City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather===
 
*Highlights from January meeting
 
*Highlights from January meeting
*Next meeting -  
+
*[https://www.cnv.org/Get-Involved/Committees/Integrated-Transportation-Committee ITC] - Fiona
 
+
**Casano – Loutet Overpass - detailed design 60% done, built in late 2019. requesting bike BC funding
 +
**Marine Dr Mosquito Creek Bridge - includes protected bike lanes at the sidewalks in two directions, start in March, finish in Fall
 +
*Next meeting -
 +
**B-Line changes to include 2 sections of off street bikepath: 1) On Third Street along Moodyville Park moving east on the south side 2) from Gladstone to Brooksbank on the southside only. Sent a Letter to Mayor, Council and Staff regarding support for B-Line in general, but also asking for safe bike routes. The route includes Esplanade which really needs fixing.
 +
**Don and Heather responded to a request for comment from CBC regarding the death of the person cycling along Esplanade. When we get the details, we will think about a HUB response.
 +
**We have requested monthly meetings with staff (but have not heard back)
 +
**Attended the INSTPP meeting with TransLink and MLA Bowinn Ma. Many pro-cycling people in the room.
 +
*CNV response re collision on Green Necklace - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/9/93/CNV_response_re_collision_on_Green_Necklace.pdf
  
 
===District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay/Giacomo ===
 
===District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay/Giacomo ===
 
*Highlights from January meeting
 
*Highlights from January meeting
** agreement on top 3 priorities,
+
** 3 priority bikeways provided to staff .
** new wayfinding person - would like to focus on LV TC to 2nd narrow route.
+
** new wayfinding signage - would like to focus on preferred bikeway routing between Lower Lynn TC / 2nd Narrows and Lynn Valley TC. HUB provided compiled input on what routes we prefer and where improvements are needed for staff assessment.
*** requested input on what route we prefer:
+
**Cycling & Work Zones - have a draft guideline - review comments provided to staff.
****Mountain Highway north of Highway 1 - potential for road diet and uphill bike lane
+
**NV Bike masterplan update - RFP for consultants released.
**Cycling & Work Zones - have a draft guideline - review
+
*Provided comments on 1st / Mackay buffered bike lanes.
**NV Bike masterplan update?
+
*Bike BC funding support request re: 29th Avenue. Letter of support in progress, will provide conditions for future requests to staff (i.e. must be AAA, preferred on our priority routes).
*Next meeting -
+
*B-Line impacts / opportunities.
*Lynn Valley Road northeast of Mountain Highway and Upper Mountain Highway - potential for adding uphill bike lanes to link recreational areas
+
*Next meeting - TBD
*Orwell Pathway construction impacts
+
 
+
 
+
  
 
===District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter===
 
===District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter===
*[http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/b/b6/2018-11-16_Lions_Gate_Bridge_bike_signage_-_draft.jpg Wayfinding signage proposals at Lions Gate Bridge Interchange on Marine Drive]
 
*Speed hump standards
 
*[http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/2/2f/UGTM_Index_Map_181230a.jpg DWV/DNV links for Gap List]
 
 
*B-Line controversy
 
*B-Line controversy
 
+
*13 Feb update from John Calimente, DWV Transportation Planning Analyst
 +
**North Shore e-bike share RFP underway - 1st pilot will be a docking system along Marine Drive corridor, Dundarave to and up Lonsdale, possibly also a dock at Grouse Mountain.
 +
**Hugo Ray connector - Capilano Bridge to 3rd Street on Hwy 1 - waiting for a permit from MoTI.
 +
**3rd and Mathers ave to Taylor Way - draft design has been sent to MoTI.
 +
**Capilano Pacific Trail improvement up to Keith Road - draft design is with MoTI and Purchasing - TransLink funding - construction will take 3-4 weeks.
 +
**Wayfinding at the north end of Lions Gate Bridge - we will get to comment on the latest iteration.
 +
**Welch Street Bridge sidewalk widening - the plan is with Squamish Nation - Park Royal wants it finished before the busy summer season - widening will be completed before finalizing approach at the east end.
 +
**Royal Avenue Horseshoe Bay - on hold because only enough money for the 1st of 3 phases of the streetscape plan.
 +
**Bike racks for Ambleside and Dundarave - funds are available - design of the racks is being considered whether to adopt a standard or some kind of custom design.
  
 
===Translink - Fred/Antje===
 
===Translink - Fred/Antje===
*e-Bikes on Buses, Skytrain, Seabus, and West Coast Express - clarification
+
*e-Bikes on Buses - Ask HUB HQ to raise with Translink?
 
*from HUB HQ meeting with TransLink: SeaBus by bike, Lonsdale Quay parking, Phibbs parking & bike share space
 
*from HUB HQ meeting with TransLink: SeaBus by bike, Lonsdale Quay parking, Phibbs parking & bike share space
  
  
 
===MOTI - Giacomo/Antje===
 
===MOTI - Giacomo/Antje===

Latest revision as of 14:19, 15 February 2019

HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).

  • Agenda additions
  • Introductions


Contents

[edit] 2019 Objectives

  • 3 Top Priority Bikeways + Active Transportation Manager
    • Draft 4 of Presentation to be shared with all North Shore Councils - Don
    • Liaisons to review our Priorities with municipal staff and get agreement
    • Liaisons to prepare Agenda for meetings with Mayors & Councillors
  • How do we measure progress on these goals?


[edit] General

  • RAC meeting - Jay
    • Committee Action Plan provided to HUB
    • Committee handbook being updated
    • Potential white paper on business benefits of bike infrastructure
    • Regional working groups on Central Valley Greenway/Alex Fraser/Pattullo replacement
    • Construction guidelines for bike lanes (Vancouver template)
  • Infrastructure Funding Tracker - Liaisons to provide updates to HUB HQ
  • 2018 Infrastructure Successes Map - Jay provided input to HUB HQ
  • The State of Cycling in Metro Vancouver - HUB HQ to publish in early summer
    • Translink/HUB - Standardized definitions of Cycling Infrastructure
      • Should be publish in late spring
      • looking for volunteers to do assessments of NS routes.
  • Letters of support for B-Line - Don
    • Positive acknowledgments received from: Jordan Black, Steve Ono, Linda Buchanan & Tony Valente
  • Guidelines for future "Letter of Support" - Don
  • HUB Training on NATCO Guidelines - Heather, Paul & Don to attend
  • Budget - Any needs for our committee?

[edit] Events - Lora

  • Bike to Work Week - May 27-Jun2 2019
  • 2019 plan


[edit] City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather

  • Highlights from January meeting
  • ITC - Fiona
    • Casano – Loutet Overpass - detailed design 60% done, built in late 2019. requesting bike BC funding
    • Marine Dr Mosquito Creek Bridge - includes protected bike lanes at the sidewalks in two directions, start in March, finish in Fall
  • Next meeting -
    • B-Line changes to include 2 sections of off street bikepath: 1) On Third Street along Moodyville Park moving east on the south side 2) from Gladstone to Brooksbank on the southside only. Sent a Letter to Mayor, Council and Staff regarding support for B-Line in general, but also asking for safe bike routes. The route includes Esplanade which really needs fixing.
    • Don and Heather responded to a request for comment from CBC regarding the death of the person cycling along Esplanade. When we get the details, we will think about a HUB response.
    • We have requested monthly meetings with staff (but have not heard back)
    • Attended the INSTPP meeting with TransLink and MLA Bowinn Ma. Many pro-cycling people in the room.
  • CNV response re collision on Green Necklace - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/9/93/CNV_response_re_collision_on_Green_Necklace.pdf

[edit] District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay/Giacomo

  • Highlights from January meeting
    • 3 priority bikeways provided to staff .
    • new wayfinding signage - would like to focus on preferred bikeway routing between Lower Lynn TC / 2nd Narrows and Lynn Valley TC. HUB provided compiled input on what routes we prefer and where improvements are needed for staff assessment.
    • Cycling & Work Zones - have a draft guideline - review comments provided to staff.
    • NV Bike masterplan update - RFP for consultants released.
  • Provided comments on 1st / Mackay buffered bike lanes.
  • Bike BC funding support request re: 29th Avenue. Letter of support in progress, will provide conditions for future requests to staff (i.e. must be AAA, preferred on our priority routes).
  • B-Line impacts / opportunities.
  • Next meeting - TBD

[edit] District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter

  • B-Line controversy
  • 13 Feb update from John Calimente, DWV Transportation Planning Analyst
    • North Shore e-bike share RFP underway - 1st pilot will be a docking system along Marine Drive corridor, Dundarave to and up Lonsdale, possibly also a dock at Grouse Mountain.
    • Hugo Ray connector - Capilano Bridge to 3rd Street on Hwy 1 - waiting for a permit from MoTI.
    • 3rd and Mathers ave to Taylor Way - draft design has been sent to MoTI.
    • Capilano Pacific Trail improvement up to Keith Road - draft design is with MoTI and Purchasing - TransLink funding - construction will take 3-4 weeks.
    • Wayfinding at the north end of Lions Gate Bridge - we will get to comment on the latest iteration.
    • Welch Street Bridge sidewalk widening - the plan is with Squamish Nation - Park Royal wants it finished before the busy summer season - widening will be completed before finalizing approach at the east end.
    • Royal Avenue Horseshoe Bay - on hold because only enough money for the 1st of 3 phases of the streetscape plan.
    • Bike racks for Ambleside and Dundarave - funds are available - design of the racks is being considered whether to adopt a standard or some kind of custom design.

[edit] Translink - Fred/Antje

  • e-Bikes on Buses - Ask HUB HQ to raise with Translink?
  • from HUB HQ meeting with TransLink: SeaBus by bike, Lonsdale Quay parking, Phibbs parking & bike share space


[edit] MOTI - Giacomo/Antje

Personal tools