2019-02-14 Agenda

From HUB - Cycling Advocacy - North Shore
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City L...")
 
Line 18: Line 18:
  
 
===General===
 
===General===
* RAC meeting - Jay
+
*RAC meeting - Jay
*Infrastructure Funding Tracker - HUB HQ
+
*Infrastructure Funding Tracker - Liaisons to provide updates to HUB HQ
*2018 Infrastructure Successes Map - Request for Input - HUB HQ
+
*2018 Infrastructure Successes Map - Jay provided input to HUB HQ
*[[https://bikehub.ca/about-us/news/the-state-of-cycling-in-metro-vancouver The State of Cycling in Metro Vancouver]] - HUB HQ due out in May
+
*[[https://bikehub.ca/about-us/news/the-state-of-cycling-in-metro-vancouver The State of Cycling in Metro Vancouver]] - HUB HQ to publish in May
 +
*Translink/HUB - Standardized definitions of Cycling Infrastructure
  
 
===City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather/Julian===
 
===City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather/Julian===
*Results from 1st meeting and a plans for next one.
+
*Highlights from January meeting
 +
*Next meeting -
  
  
===District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay===
+
 
 +
===District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay/Giacomo ===
 +
*Highlights from January meeting
 +
** agreement on top 3 priorities,
 +
** new wayfinding person - would like to focus on LV TC to 2nd narrow route.
 +
*** requested input on what route we prefer:
 +
****Mountain Highway north of Highway 1 - potential for road diet and uphill bike lane
 +
**Cycling & Work Zones - have a draft guideline - review
 +
**NV Bike masterplan update?
 +
*Next meeting -
 
*Lynn Valley Road northeast of Mountain Highway and Upper Mountain Highway - potential for adding uphill bike lanes to link recreational areas
 
*Lynn Valley Road northeast of Mountain Highway and Upper Mountain Highway - potential for adding uphill bike lanes to link recreational areas
*Mountain Highway north of Highway 1 - potential for road diet and uphill bike lane
 
 
*Orwell Pathway construction impacts
 
*Orwell Pathway construction impacts
*Items for next meeting
+
 
**Cycling & Work Zones
+
**Prioritizing cycling routes for wayfinding
+
**HUB priorities
+
  
  
 
===District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter===
 
===District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter===
*Wayfinding signage proposals at Lions Gate Bridge Interchange on Marine Drive - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/b/b6/2018-11-16_Lions_Gate_Bridge_bike_signage_-_draft.jpg
+
*[[http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/b/b6/2018-11-16_Lions_Gate_Bridge_bike_signage_-_draft.jpg Wayfinding signage proposals at Lions Gate Bridge Interchange on Marine Drive]]
 
*Speed hump standards
 
*Speed hump standards
*DWV/DNV links for Gap List - http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/2/2f/UGTM_Index_Map_181230a.jpg
+
*[[http://wiki.bikehub.ca/northshore/images/2/2f/UGTM_Index_Map_181230a.jpg DWV/DNV links for Gap List]]
 
*B-Line controversy
 
*B-Line controversy
  
  
===Translink / MOTI - Fred===
+
===Translink - Fred/Antje===
 
*e-Bikes on Buses, Skytrain, Seabus, and West Coast Express - clarification
 
*e-Bikes on Buses, Skytrain, Seabus, and West Coast Express - clarification
 
*from HUB HQ meeting with TransLink: SeaBus by bike, Lonsdale Quay parking, Phibbs parking & bike share space
 
*from HUB HQ meeting with TransLink: SeaBus by bike, Lonsdale Quay parking, Phibbs parking & bike share space
 +
 +
 +
===MOTI - Giacomo/Antje===

Revision as of 14:31, 16 January 2019

HUB North Shore Committee holds regular meetings at 6:30pm - 8:30pm on the second Thursday of every month. Everybody is welcome. The meetings are at the North Vancouver City Library (14th/Lonsdale) in the Don Preston Boardroom (2nd floor).

  • Agenda additions
  • Introductions


Contents

Events - Lora

  • Mar x - B2WW


2019 Objectives - Don

  • 2019 Priorities
    • Presentation to be shared with all North Shore Councils
    • Analysis & prioritization of gaps in the 3 priority bikeways.
  • Meeting with all Mayors & Councillors
    • Agenda for meetings - WV, DNV, CNV


General

  • RAC meeting - Jay
  • Infrastructure Funding Tracker - Liaisons to provide updates to HUB HQ
  • 2018 Infrastructure Successes Map - Jay provided input to HUB HQ
  • [The State of Cycling in Metro Vancouver] - HUB HQ to publish in May
  • Translink/HUB - Standardized definitions of Cycling Infrastructure

City of North Vancouver - Erika/Heather/Julian

  • Highlights from January meeting
  • Next meeting -


District of North Vancouver - Antje/Jay/Giacomo

  • Highlights from January meeting
    • agreement on top 3 priorities,
    • new wayfinding person - would like to focus on LV TC to 2nd narrow route.
      • requested input on what route we prefer:
        • Mountain Highway north of Highway 1 - potential for road diet and uphill bike lane
    • Cycling & Work Zones - have a draft guideline - review
    • NV Bike masterplan update?
  • Next meeting -
  • Lynn Valley Road northeast of Mountain Highway and Upper Mountain Highway - potential for adding uphill bike lanes to link recreational areas
  • Orwell Pathway construction impacts


District of West Vancouver - Paul/Peter


Translink - Fred/Antje

  • e-Bikes on Buses, Skytrain, Seabus, and West Coast Express - clarification
  • from HUB HQ meeting with TransLink: SeaBus by bike, Lonsdale Quay parking, Phibbs parking & bike share space


MOTI - Giacomo/Antje

Personal tools