TriCities HUB Committee Meeting Minutes
Date/time: Tuesday April 1, 7:00-8:50PM.
Location: Coquitlam Foundation room, Coquitlam Public Library, 1169 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam
In attendance: Jack T, Josh O, Fiona and 7 others
1. Proposed Coquitlam city council meeting presentation during bike to work week
2. Follow up with a letter of support for Port Moody Master Transportation Plan
3. Call for bike lockers for all skytrain stations
- Douglas College (lot of space)
- Coquitlam Loop (high volume hub)
- Bigger volume storage lockers (cages) with camera*
What is the security level of these lockers?
What is the most secure way to store a bike for a day?
How can we divert funding from car initiatives to bike initiatives
-Bikes on Skytrain (longer trains, gutted last car, every other train with a bike specific car)
-When are the Translink Meetings?
-Are there any other forums for discussing these issues with Translink?
5. Bike to Work Week
-Locations for Coquitlam / Port Coquitlam?
6. Canada Day – Coquitlam
-Bike Valet – Westwood Cycle?
-How to ride safely – working in tandem with Westwood Cycle
-High vis clothing / lights / mirrors
7. Colony Farms Pipeline Meeting: update from Jack
8. Bike Day in Canada – May 26
- Politicians on bikes – Urban Planners on bikes?
- Through Canada Bikes - National Advocacy
- 2 km ride or 10 km ride
- Does Hub work with Canada Bikes?
- Does Norco want to be involved?
Next meeting: May 6, 2014, Coquitlam town center library
Thanks to Josh for recording minutes
Simon Watkins TriCities HUB Committee